Rob, Rose And Quinn

HoundDaddy

I am Rob and a friend to both Quincy, a 13 year old Beagle, and Rose a 2 year old Whippet x Kelpie.

Getting Rose has challenged me as a dog keeper as she is a dog with many fears and ways of acting that are not exactly human acceptable. Quincy back when he was 2 or 3 years old was CGC, but in the intervening 10 years we have slacked and we all have gotten fat.

Right now, I am working on impulse control with these 2. I worked a bit on Leave It, and since getting into a management strategy for Rose, I have been working on Stay and currently distractions for entertainment value.

Once I have these 2 mat trained, and have Rose counter conditioned to strangers in the house, I will have a big Cuban Cigar.
Rose First and Third Pictures
Quincy Second and Forth

20120503-03 Blomquist covers.jpg

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome this forum is fantastic! You'll just love it here and get so much help, so ask if you need help:)

Quincy and Rose are so beautiful, love their expressions, both have such lovely eyes:love:

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Welcome Rob. You may want to look into Behavioral Adjustment Training by Grisha Stewart, her "organic' DVD set or her book, for your girl. For both dogs, for a focus on impulse control, you should check out Leslie McDevitt's new Control Unleahed for Puppies (works for adults too). Both resources have some uncommon advice that may be helpful in your situation.
Best of luck!