Rip Brody

brody_smom

Experienced Member
After a long consultation with an excellent and empathetic trainer, my family and I made the decision to put our dear boy out of his misery. She helped me to see that, even at home, he was never relaxed and had lived his entire life in a chronic state of stress. I couldn't read his body language because he had never shown me what he looked like when he was totally okay. Living in a constant state of half-way to his threshold put him at a high probability of biting again, but even more concerning to me was the fact that he would never be really happy unless he was on some powerful medication. She believes this was a result of breeding, and no amount of training would have brought him to a place where he was content.

I want to thank each of you for all the time and effort you have put into helping me with Brody, in particular, running_dog, Ripleygirl, MaryK, jackienmutts, mutt, charmedwolf, southerngirl, sara, Jean Cote, tigerlily(in absentia), and "Six". I have learned a lot from so many of you. It is a shame I will probably never have another dog, so all this knowledge will be of no use to me. Maybe I will be able to help someone else someday.

I am glad I was able to post the video of our crawl challenge so you could see him in all his magnificence! Check him out if you haven't already done so.

Since I no longer have a dog, I will not be visiting the forum regularly. I may pop in now and then to see how the rest of you are getting on, but for now, this is "Good-bye."

Brody, July 1, 2012 - May 3, 2014.
Brody2.JPG

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I'm sooo sorry to hear this. :'( Yes, I hope you do pop back in once in a while.

We'll all miss you. He was such a handsome boy!

Evie

Experienced Member
Sorry to hear :(

Hopefully he can now finally be at ease <3

RIP Brody <3<3

**hugs to Brody's mum too** It must have been a very hard decision..

Honored Member
RIP Brody.

You know you did way more to help him than most people would have. You should be proud of what you did accomplish with him in the time that he was yours.

sara

Staff member
Oh my, I just saw this. I am so sorry. You did way more for him than most would. He was a lucky dog to have someone so compassionate.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Oh my, I have only just seen this thread, my heart goes out to you and your family. Always hold onto the fact that Brody had a person like you in his life that went above and beyond to believe in him and give him a level of patience that if with another he would never have experienced.

"God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in Dog Heaven, and when they are tired from running and barking and eating ham-sandwich biscuits, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping. God watches over each one of them. And there are no bad dreams."
Cynthia Rylant

You and your family are in my prayers. xx

MaryK

Honored Member
In tears, so very sorry to read this, I couldn't believe my eyes at first. R.I.P. sweet Brody.:cry:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
I'm so sorry, my heart breaks for all of you. Run fast, run free, and bark loud at The Rainbow Bridge, beautiful boy!!!
RIP Brody.