Re-introduction

Anneke

Honored Member
I guess I have to introduce myself again, because I have been gone for so long;)
So for those who don't know me:
My name is Anneke and I live in The Netherlands.
I am the proud mom of two Australian Shepherds, a black-tri male named Cooper, age 8 and a blue-merle girl named Jinx, age 4(well next week she turns 4)
I compete in agility with Jinx, we play a little frisbee and we do tricks.
Cooper does tricks, when he feels like it. He lives a pretty calm life, because of his attitude in life(why run when you can walk:p) and because of back problems and some signs of arthitis. He sure isn't your average Aussie. Way too big and no will to please. But I love him to bits.
Jinx on the other hand is always ready to go, especcially when there is a frisbee involved. Unfortunately I am not so good at throwing yet.

In the past year our training was limited to agility, because I found myself working ten hours a day, juggling three jobs.
Fortunately the job I had been after for a few years became available to me, so I sat down and had a good chat with my boyfriend. And the decision was made. I quit my dogwalking buisiness, dropped my cleaning job at cityhall and now I work a maximum of 3 hours a day.
I have to get a cerificate and once I get that, I will work a full day (8 hours) on monday( with a break of 1,5 hours to go home and walk my dogs) and the rest of the week I will work a max of 4 hours( but mostly is will be 2 hours)
I have been doing this for almost a month now and as I am home now for most of the day, I realise how tired I was. How much I was doing things on auto-pilot for the past year. So now my energy is coming back, the dogs are getting more training.
I really do miss the twelve dogs I used to walk, I have been walking most of them for six years. Saying goodbye was very emotional. But my clients were very understanding and boy, did they spoil me!! I got presents from each and every one of them!!
But like I said, I am ok with it.
Well, that's about it.
I'm off to take a look around the forum and see what everyone has been up to!

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Welcome back. You've been missed! Congratulations on getting that job, as well, that must feel great. I hope things settle down nicely for you and you can get back to doing the activities you enjoy with renewed energy.

running_dog

Honored Member
It's great to have you back and have an update on you and Cooper and Jinx. I see their characters haven't changed :)

My mum and dad were in the Netherlands for a friend's wedding last week, my mum loved it but don't ask me where abouts they were because I can't remember :rolleyes:.