Ra Kismet English Shepherd X ???

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi just a little about myself:)

Name: Ra Kismet - Ra after the Egyptian Sun God
Kismet because fate brought me to my
furever home.
My Nicknames: Rakins, Razzy, Sir Bounce-a-lot.

Birthday: We celebrate March 12 cuz that's when
I met my furever Mom. (Vets have me
as December 31)

Breed: We think English Shepherd x with your
guess is as good as mine:) I'm a
certified Mutt-i-gree:D Possible Retriever.

Sex: I'm a neutered boy.

Weight: 21.7 kilos a perfect THREE (roughly
47 lbs).

Favorite foods: FOOD!!!!!!!! Cheese, natural yoghurt,
Crisps though I'm not allowed to have
many, pinching fruit from the trees I
ADORE Apricots and Apples, unripened,
ripe, over ripe even rotting ewwww! And
of course the raw meat and kibble Mom
says is good for me:rolleyes: Bones, treats,
Paddy Wackers, Doggy Cakes.

Favorite Game: SOCCER!!!!!!!! Is there any other game?

Favorite Toys: My Soccer Balls, other smaller 'house'
balls and tug toys.

Favorite Pastimes: Other than Soccer, chasing Maeve the
cat, which Mom says is a 'naughtiness'
but no-one told Maeve or me:giggle: And
learning new tricks, going for walks,
being with my Mom. Plus after a hot
game of soccer I just LOVE my plunge
pool which was once Mom's water
feature:giggle: Oh and my Kong "Mr Kong"
Going for car rides, though I cannot
sit on the back ledge, my fav spot now,
cuz Dad bought a new car and it's a
hatch back:( Cuddling with Mom and
sitting on her lap:love::love:!

Favorite People: My Mom, My Dad, My Vet (boo hoo he's
gone to Scotland for a year), anyone who
makes a big fuss of me, I love Kissy Kiss.
Mom says I'm an extrovert!

Siblings: Big Bro Zeus, he's my hero even if he is
a bit of a 'grumpy old man' sometimesO_o
HRH Sylvannia Faery Kitten "she who
must be obeyed"! Maeve, "she who loves
to tease", a real femme fatale! Monet the
bird but he doesn't play with me:(

Naughty Things: Well I was a puppy:whistle:! Demolished
Dad's boots (teach him to be tidy hey). A
few pot plants got wrecked (still do) when
playing soccer and I also chewed up the
gizmo clicker thingee which opened the
car. But hey it was fun watching Dad
counting the security numbers and
listening for the clicks.:LOL:
Actually for a pup I wasn't that naughty,
Mom kept me very busy playing and of
course I have always been mad on
soccer, that really exhausts a chap!

Biggest Desire: To start learning Dancing with Dogs.

Trick List:

1. Sit
2. Stay (I've almost got a bomb proof stay now wowee)
3. Down (not my fav trick but hey Mom rewards)
4. Come (took a while but I'm good at it now)
5. Loose Leash Walking.
6. Heel work (always a work in progress)
7. Sit Pretty
8. Roll Over
9. Cross and Uncross Paws.
10.Stand Right Up (Stand on my hind legs a captured trick as I did this quite naturally, pinching fruit:giggle:)
11. Walk on Hind Legs.
12. Jump up and spin.
13. Spin right/left.
14. Shake Right Paw
15. Shake Left Paw
16. Shake Both Paws
17. Peek-a-boo.
18. Walk in Peek-a-boo.
19. Weave.
20. Bang.
21. Spin at the same time as Mom spins. Left/Right
22. Jump through hoop (often with a wrecked soccer ball in my mouth).
23. Jump through hoop held on Zeus' back. Then 'paw on Zeus".
24. Paw on Ball (a favorite trick of mine).
25. Double Shake (Zeus and I shaking together)
26. Double Drop (Zeus and I dropping together)
27. Target (took a while but I've 'got it' now).
28. Jump through a hoop onto a chair.
29. Touch with paw Mom's right and left legs.
30. Bang.
31. Crawl.
32. Chain Bang, Crawl, Sit Pretty.
33. Chain Bang, Roll Over Sit Pretty.
34. Say Your Prayers (Mom says I need them so I do very long prayers now:giggle:).
35. Circle in Peek-a-boo.
36. Cop Cop a work in progress.
37. Shy - definitely a work in progress, I'm NOT shy!
38. Leave it (Yes I've actually 'got it" and quite quickly too)!!!!!!!
39. Stand.
40. Stand from Sit.

I may not have the biggest trick list yet but I'm working on it:) Mom says I'm a quick learner (when it's a trick I like) so it will grow! Oh and it's not in the order I learned all my tricks, my memories grand but not that grand, so please pardon me. In future I'll add tricks as I learn them!

I do have a wee problem with over reacting with dogs on a leash. This was caused by a dog attacking Mom and me when we were out working. Fortunately we were not physically harmed but it did leave me with a psychological problem. That happened the end of July last year (2012). But with Positive Reinforcement and loads of help from my Mom, I'm almost over it all. I now pass dogs inside their own homes, who are barking like crazy, with ease, albeit with some on the other side of the street (those I can see through the railing fences) but now I just look at Mom and she gives me a treat. Plus dogs walking on their leads, provided it's not face to face (Mom's not rushing me on that one) I don't take much notice, even if the other dog does pull on it's lead! I've come a long way, in a short time, from the dog who went total over threshold and completely 'zoned out' when another dog came up behind me. And yes, the other night, a German Shepherd, off leash too, did run up behind me but hey Mom's 'got my back' and she called without looking around to the man to please call his dog as she had a dog who was afraid after being attacked. The man was good and immediately called his dog, who I must add was friendly no aggression, and moi? well I just kept close to Mom and ate loads of treats. So much better than getting all hot and bothered. Mom was, and still is, very proud of me:D Off leash I'm fine with other dogs and just love to party.

Going to upload some photos and videos tomorrow. It's late now and Zeus wants to start his thread, can't be selfish have to let my Hero on the computer now!

And what did he do? Told tales on me!!!!!!!!:eek: To be honest, I did when VERY young chew his tail and eeerrrrhhhhh explore his 'boy bits' I was, and still am, a very curious boy who likes to know the what, where, why of every thing and as I did not, to the best of my knowledge, have any siblings other than a sister, those 'boy bit's had me curious! I didn't have any at that time and by the time I did start to grow 'boy bits' I had 'that' operation. So what did Zeus expect - really I mean to say - telling tales on me.

And may I also add, I DON'T like wearing sunglasses, nor do I like dress ups, Mom's trying to get me to at least like wearing a coat when it's raining, but as I LOVE water, that's not going to be easy! Did I mention that water is one of my fav things?

Mom's finally uploading my videos and pictures!

My Signature Video "Ra Kismet Bends It Like Beckham"

I'm not at my fastest in this video, as I had already put in a solid hour's practice in the morning and just returned from an hour's walk. Oh yes, I've also managed to do even more damage to what was once a lawn, broken most of the pot plants and grown a little!

A top soccer player is NEVER without his ball!

pawonballresized.jpg

And doesn't mind getting 'down and dirty"

rapawonball 041.jpg

But sometimes I DO manage to look clean!

rapawonball 067.jpg

Well apart from the mud on the end of my nose:D

See NO mud!!!!!!!!!!!

raheadturnedstanding.jpg

Oh dear, maybe just a smidge on my nose!:oops:

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Ooh! I didn't mean that like now, right now, he just learned it.
I meant like: Now your dog can roll a ball! (as opposed to how my dog learned to push a ball with his nose... um, y'know he can roll a ball but nothing like your dog does!

MaryK

Honored Member
Ooh! I didn't mean that like now, right now, he just learned it.
I meant like: Now your dog can roll a ball! (as opposed to how my dog learned to push a ball with his nose... um, y'know he can roll a ball but nothing like your dog does!
Oops my mistake:oops: Yes he's 'self taught' did it from virtually day one at 3 months old. He can even 'balance/catch' it on the end of his nose . LOL my partner always says he's got the soul of a soccer player and for once we agree on something!:LOL:

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Wow! That is some awesome soccer playing!! You need to get him on the pro circuit, that boy has some MOVES!!! And he is good eye candy so he is destined to make it BIG!(y)

MaryK

Honored Member
Wow! That is some awesome soccer playing!! You need to get him on the pro circuit, that boy has some MOVES!!! And he is good eye candy so he is destined to make it BIG!(y)
Thank you:) He's totally self taught too!!! Yes LOL then he'd have a sponsor who could keep him supplied in soccer balls when Zeus get's hold them and, shock horror, destroys them! He sure has what it takes to make it BIG!!!!!!!!!! LOL and of course, I'm one biased Soccer Mom!:LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
Wow he's great at soccer annnd definitely handsome.
Thank you, he's totally soccer mad! LOL kids playing with soccer balls and I have to become a treat dispenser, he sooooooooooo wants to join in and show them how to REALLY "bend it like Beckham".:D

I'm biased I know but I do think he's handsome;)

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Ra Kismet is definitely very handsome. I was just thinking... do you think he could be English Shepherd x Collie (the ears), or part Rotti (the tan around his eyes)?

MaryK

Honored Member
Ra Kismet is definitely very handsome. I was just thinking... do you think he could be English Shepherd x Collie (the ears), or part Rotti (the tan around his eyes)?
Funny you've just posted this - thank you for saying he's very handsome I think so though I maybe biased of course:) - but I digress.

At the vets, the nurse there and I were discussing what his X's could be and I thought English Shepherd along with BC! She thinks so, as she has a dog who looks very much like Ra Kismet and is that cross. She definitely knows her dog is English Shepherd X BC. I've thought for quite a while he's got BC in him, a lot of the BC traits and of course, his appearance. Plus where he was born, a wildie, is open countryside with BC's and Cattle Dogs along with Shepherds being the prevalent breeds in the area.

Rottie hadn't thought of that, he's a bit small, but then he is crossed, so that may have bearing. Has some Rottie traits, very protective about me, his turf etc. and I do love Rotties:D