Puppy Love: Training Years

I love my pup so much, the only reason I started training her was because I wanted a obedient successful dog (which I've always wanted). So I hope this site helps me and Flower (my puppy) a lot. So now to the personal stuff I am from lebanon mo. always and forever I have a farm with chickens. Hint: I am ten. Yes I do own my dog , she already knows sit, shake, lie down, and stay. She is the first dog I've ever had is so simple to train. Oooh. What is my passion...well I could tell something my passion is making cakes and being a vet.

By: Gracie R. B.

I have thought my dog tricks she is very obedient too I taught her sit, shake, lie down, and stay you could put a plate of food in front of her and she would only look at it and training trial is my ...well blog

Dogster

Honored Member
I don't need a clicker all I need is praise and treats
They are great, believe me. I didn't use a clicker before I joined, and I thought the same thing you do. Clickers are FANTASTIC!!!:D Not only do they make training more fun and exciting, but dogs seem to "get" tricks faster with the use of a clicker.:)

Oh my my dog already learns them fast hint hint though I'm only ten I don't really have any more money I already spent $7 dollars for treats and toys for my pup

MaryK

Honored Member
I don't need a clicker all I need is praise and treats
Do get a clicker, you'll be amazed at the difference they make. I used just praise and treats, it works, but not nearly as fast as using the clicker. They are really, really cheap, and the best piece of training equipment you can buy.

Welcome to DTA. It's a fabulous forum and you'll learn so much. Everyone is very willing to help, so any questions, just start a new thread and you'll receive loads of help and very good advice.

We only use Positive Reinforcement Training here, which is the only kind, loving and best way to train a dog. This has been proven by scientists who've studied dog training for years, so they know what they're talking about, and believe me it works!

running_dog

Honored Member
Gracie - you might enjoy following the poll/thread I have posted to see how many people regret buying a clicker... hopefully there'll be lots of interesting feedback to read :-)

I'm really glad you gave me the idea for the poll, LOL once I was just like you I thought all I needed to train my dog was praise and treats (and you mention negatives in your other thread) I was so wrong! 100% positive and a clicker make things a lot easier!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Gracie you can get a clicker for about two dollars at Petsmart. Maybe you could offer to do something for your parents in exchange for them getting you a clicker