Poop Color?

bronzi12

i took my dog to the vet recently and he said i need to bring him a stool sample my problem is that im never home and i have multiple dog so identification is an issue. i asked the vet and he said feed my dog a color crayon but he will not eat it, anyone have any suggestions ?

MaryK

Honored Member
I would try a natural food color, something bold and bright, like bright green/yellow. I don't think I would attempt crayons, they would taste ghastly for your dog. Food coloring doesn't have any taste but do make sure it's a really strong color and one which will 'stand out' against the color of the stool.

Other than that is there anyway you can possible separate the dog in question for one day? So he will be the only one to poop in that area.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Will your dog eat raw carrots? If so, maybe shred up a big raw carrot in his breakfast and/or dinner (or both for a few days) - or feed whole for a snack if he'll just eat it. They come out very "colorfully" :LOL:.

If not, either isolate somehow, or figure out some way to walk once around "the personal business hour" so you're sure to be able to pick up immediately. I had 5 dogs at one point, so know the problem - but I had to do it, and was able to. Good luck!

MaryK

Honored Member
Good one Jackie. I can def attest to the fact that carrots show up and are very colorful. After Zeus raided the refridgerator and ate three carrots his poop was VERY obvious!