Participate In Dog Study!

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
It actually just requires you to post a 30-60 second video of play between you and your dog, and filling out a short survey on the site. Sara, they specifically ask if the dog is deaf or VI, and I'm delighted to see anyone out there acknowledging these dogs exist, let alone welcome their participation! Calvin and I can throw a toy around for a while and tape it, for sure.

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Submit your videos in the next 2 weeks! (Sorry, hyperlinks won't work bc I copied/pasted):

Hello!

Thank you for your continued interest in joining dog behavior and cognition studies at the Horowitz Dog Cognition Lab!

As you know, our latest study investigates all the different ways people and dogs play together, and we need your help -- well, you and your dog’s help! For the first time, we are crowdsourcing, asking dog owners to submit short videos of themselves playing with their dog. You have until March 31, 2013 to submit a play video. If you have already submitted a video, thank you! Additionally, we would greatly appreciate if you would spread the word about Project: Play With Your Dog to anyone who might want to join.

Here's a brief summary of what the study entails (the full details are at www.DogHumanPlay.com):
  • Find or make a 30-60 second video of you and your dog playing in whatever way you like, and then upload the video to our website and complete a short survey. The video must capture both you and your dog playing together onscreen.
  • Preferable video files are .mp4, .m4v and QuickTime.
  • The video should be 75MB or less.
  • Submit your play video by March 31, 2013.
Project: Play With Your Dog is entirely online and is open to anyone, in any country. If you live with a dog, we want to see you play!

Do you know other people (and their dogs) who would want to participate? Please spread the word! And do stay in touch via our active Facebook page. Additionally, attached is the Project: Play With Your Dog information flyer.

Want to know more? Here are links to media coverage of Project: Play With Your Dog:
Have any questions? Please be in touch!

Thank you for playing!

Cheers,

Julie
Lab Manager, Horowitz Dog Cognition Lab