Owned by my dogs

wanda

I have been a long long time dog owner and lover. My years (and they are many) have been enhanced by my many relationships with dogs. They have taught me many lessons about how to have quality life. They have taught me how to really LOVE and FORGIVE!
When my girls were young I shared my love of dogs with not only them but many other children through 4-H. It was a blast and many trips to shows in a volkswagon super beatle cloth top, loaded to the absoloute brim with kids and dogs.
Since those days we have always had dogs on the farm and they are special helpers with working the farm.
Most of the dogs I have owned have been bred by myself and so I have watched generations grow up and grow old, and have been there for their final moments.
Now I have the last generation of my border collies and they are 13 years old and going strong. A few arthritic parts but still happy to help and share my life.
I also have a most interesting dog which most people deny that it really is what she is, a Laponian Herder, aka a Sami Reindeer Herding Dog. The story behind how she came into my possession is long and intersting and some day I might take the time to post it. I had thought I knew all about dogs, but since getting her I have become aware that I might have known very little. Owning a feral dog is a canine college course all of its own. She is kind, gentle and probably more intelligent than I am. They are amazing in that they will go at full speed for as long as you want to and then be quite content to curl up by the fire. She is of breeding age and I have told her that she will be going to see this cute Finn boy the next time she comes into season. Watching her watch the world around her has opened my eyes to the intensity of life.
Well I have run on enough about my precious companions. But that is just the way that I am.

Hi Wanda, welcome to the website! What is a Sami Reindeer Herding Dog? I tried to google it but the only images I could find were of deers... But anyhow, I agree completely with your post, dogs really teach you how to be a loving and forgiving person. :dogsmile:

wanda

Sami Reindeer Herding Dog

These are typically called Laponian Herders. Their real name is lappinporokoira. They are just the most amazing little "people".
Thank you for your reply.
Wanda:dogtongue2: