Our Weekend

Honored Member
Skye has progressed to being let off the lead at parks now. So this weekend I decided to take her with me, Holly and Lewis to the dog park after Holly's obedience class (I take all three on my own, good thing they are little and mostly well behaved - except for Skyes lack of loose leash walking), all three dogs had a great time:

Then on Sunday Holly earned her Canine Good Citizen Foundation and Bronze awards!

running_dog

Honored Member
Lewis has such a happy smile and Holly has such an intent look as she races along on whatever important mission she has set herself.

Congratulations to Holly on her Foundation and Bronze CGC (y)

Those photos of Skye are so funny after seeing all the pictures of her on other threads in her pristine glowing white woolly state :LOL: . I love the one of her running next to Holly with her ears flying, she's having so much fun.

I fear you may be on a slippery slope here though... aren't you trying to keep your distance from Skye? Or am I getting mixed?

Honored Member
Lewis has such a happy smile and Holly has such an intent look as she races along on whatever important mission she has set herself.

Congratulations to Holly on her Foundation and Bronze CGC (y)

Those photos of Skye are so funny after seeing all the pictures of her on other threads in her pristine glowing white woolly state :LOL: . I love the one of her running next to Holly with her ears flying, she's having so much fun.

I fear you may be on a slippery slope here though... aren't you trying to keep your distance from Skye? Or am I getting mixed?
Thank you.

I still ignore Skye most of the time at home. I don't cuddle her or play fetch with her at home.
If she jumps onto my lap to sleep, I let her but I don't pat her or touch her (so she might as well be on the sofa or a dog bed).
I don't walk her, mum sometimes meets me, Holly and Lewis at the park so they can run around together (I walk Holly and Lewis for at least half an hour most days before going to the park for a run around) and play fetch but I hardly ever call her name (although she does respond if I do, that's why I didn't mind taking her out myself on Saturday).
I also made mum take her to a six week beginner obedience class, my sister went with them but I did not.
And mum has been doing all her grooming (except I have to do her nails, and she goes to the groomers for hair cuts).

I think this is the first time I have taken her out without mum in months.

So I think it is working ok so far. She definitly likes mum best, but she isn't very loyal anyway. In the middle of playing fetch with mum she will take the ball over to the cat, give it to her and wag her tail expectantly O_o and at the park she is happy to play fetch with any random person and would probably go home with them if they were nice to her.

I will admit that I am itching to teach her loose leash walking though, mum is so inconsistent and most of the time just lets her pull (it's easier I guess), but I'm not doing it.

Honored Member
Congratulations on Holly's CGC!! That's awesome!

Evie will never be able to do that :(
That's ok, it isn't for every dog. Lewis will never be able to do it either because no one can pat him, and I don't think any amount of training will be enough to make him friendly towards other people. And I wouldn't want him to get a CGC because it would be a lie.

MaryK

Honored Member
Loved all the photos. They all looked like they were having a blast!:D Huge congratulations on Holly achieving her CGC foundation and Bronze, that's awesome.:D(y)

I'm waiting for Leaf's schools to have enough dogs for the class, as I want her to get her CGC. No problems with anyone patting her, she loves pats from anyone willing to hand them out!

Honored Member
I bet leaf will have no problem at all MaryK.
How old is she now? Dogs have to be at least a year old to do the test here (although they can train for it earlier).

I think Skye could get it too if my mum would work on her training. She has the right temperament for it (ie, friendly) but she would need a lot of training still.

MaryK

Honored Member
I bet leaf will have no problem at all MaryK.
How old is she now? Dogs have to be at least a year old to do the test here (although they can train for it earlier).

I think Skye could get it too if my mum would work on her training. She has the right temperament for it (ie, friendly) but she would need a lot of training still.
She's certainly got the right temperament. Friendly with humans, dogs and even cats (although LOL my two may slightly disagree on that score, claiming she's a little too friendly).

Leaf's now 1yr.3mths.4days old.:D Quite the grown up lady now, at times!:rolleyes: I think it's the same here, not sure, but the school has to wait until there are enough doggies to fill a class. Seems not many people are interested in their dogs getting their CGC. Surprising seeing they spend a lot getting them started but well hopefully there will soon be enough.

You'll have to coerce your Mom somehow in training Skye. She sounds like the perfect dog to train for her CGC. I'm sure, when your Mom gets serious about training her, she'll pick it up very quickly.:)