Okay, Where Does This Come From?

threenorns

i was upstairs cleaning the livingroom and one of my favourite housecleaning/exercise/get-out-of-depression songs came on, "put your hands up for detroit" by fedde le grand.

just for larks, i decided to dance with dandy - nothing fancy, i have no idea about that sort of thing, just him and i moving forward and backward in time to the music.

instead of just backing up and coming forward, though, he backed up, then led around with his butt end until he was in heel position at my right side. he did this not once, but every single time the song was on.

the whole time, he was watching me very very carefully so clearly i somehow cued him to do it but i have no idea what it was!

threenorns

that's actually what i want - i don't want a mindless automaton (there's aibo for that) but a fully-realized, thinking dog. i know it's totally doable, but i'm afraid i messed things up too badly when he was a puppy to realize it.

next pup, though, better watch out cause, in the immortal words of Gaspode, the Wonder Dog in Men At Arms (Terry Pratchett):

"... next thing I know I open me eyes, head starts fizzing like a dose of salts, oh-oh, thinks I, here we go again, hello abstract conceptualizing, intellectual development here we come. . . "