Oh How I Wish.....

Linda A

Experienced Member
I wish there was a way I could get a group together in the Riverside/San Bernardino area. I would love to help people learn to teach their dog(s) tricks and would love to get "Wag It! Games" and "Rally Free Elements" going in California.

Linda A

Experienced Member
I agree! I willing to meet and try starting a group. I have a 2 or 3 friends that can join and we can all get together and figure something out!
That would be awesome! There is even cyber rally but you have to turn in at least 3 videos at a time.

DevonW

I have to drive over an hour to get to my dog's sport classes every Wednesday because there just aren't any places or groups in my area :( Our vet offers the basic puppy class and obedience (and even that is a 20 minute drive away) but if you want to do more you're pretty much out of luck :(

Linda A

Experienced Member
I have to drive over an hour to get to my dog's sport classes every Wednesday because there just aren't any places or groups in my area :( Our vet offers the basic puppy class and obedience (and even that is a 20 minute drive away) but if you want to do more you're pretty much out of luck :(
It's going to be about an 80 mile drive but I won't mind for this one time. I'm really hoping to get something like this going in our area.

Linda A

Experienced Member
Royal and I have been hard a work this past week learning all the signs for Rally FrEe. I think we are going to do well with this new sport. Sure wish we had one or two others to team up with.

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Sounds good! What's the difference in Rally free, cyber Rally-o, APDT Rally and just regular Rally? I know cyber rally O is all done with videos, but I'm pretty lost after that... One of them allows treats?...uh...

We don't even have regular puppy obedience classes in my little burg and it's an hour and a half to anywhere. There are no clubs of any stripe, and no dogs allowed in the little city parks. Dogs are tied out on chains in yards and unharnessed in pick-up beds. Geez, I miss civilization sometimes. .... We could meet up halfway to train if I lived back in Fullerton now, it wouldn't seem to far at all! . ..Big heavy sigh...:cry:

Linda A

Experienced Member
Sounds good! What's the difference in Rally free, cyber Rally-o, APDT Rally and just regular Rally? I know cyber rally O is all done with videos, but I'm pretty lost after that... One of them allows treats?...uh...

We don't even have regular puppy obedience classes in my little burg and it's an hour and a half to anywhere. There are no clubs of any stripe, and no dogs allowed in the little city parks. Dogs are tied out on chains in yards and unharnessed in pick-up beds. Geez, I miss civilization sometimes. .... We could meet up halfway to train if I lived back in Fullerton now, it wouldn't seem to far at all! . ..Big heavy sigh...:cry:
Rally, no matter the kind, is a course set up with signs. Generally, there are 15 signs, with numbers. You work you way through the course from sign 1 to sign 15. The signs tell you what you and your dog are to do.

I would need to write a book to explain the differences between all the the different types of Rally. LOL!

Here are links to the rules for each one.

AKC Rally Obedience:
http://images.akc.org/pdf/rulebooks/RO2999.pdf

Cyber Rally-O:
http://cyberrally-o.com/Downloads/Cyber Rally-O Rules and Guidelines.pdf

APDT Rally:
http://www.apdt.com/rally/pdf/RallyBrochure2010.pdf

and last but not least
Rally Freestyle Elements:
http://www.rallyfree.com/guidelines-signs/rules/

The biggest difference is with Rally FrEE in that you get to use tricks at the "Free Choice" signs.

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thank you Linda! That will certainly come in handy. I'm sorry I didn't express myself clearly! I did not expect a dissertation LOL!:giggle: I really just assumed there was like one more or less specific difference for each one... like the treats, or the tricks. I actually have a Rally book from way back when it was brand new...Yeah, dating myself again... but had sort of lost track and when I came back there's 4 different kinds y'know?...