Nothing's More Awesome Than Other Dogs To Baby (help!)

kcmetric

I'm trying to get him ready for the CGC and he's rock solid on everything but he just can't control himself when he sees other dogs; no matter what he stops paying attention to me and tries to say hello.

We've used hotdogs, slices of uncooked liver, "let's go" in the other direction. Of course he knows the watch me and leave it command. I tried the you can't see them until you focus on me and we keep pivoting until he settles but it didn't work. And I could only do it once because I don't know anyone with dogs in my neck of the woods.

I'm afraid I don't really understand the "look at that" game or something....

I just don't know what to do to get him to stop paying attention to other dogs. But apparently other dogs are just soooooo much more important than anything I have to offer him...

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, I would also work with him in the park. Plus maybe up the anti even further with his treats. My boys go wild for cheese and I know one member here used the squeezy cheese which worked wonders with her boy. Make the treat some so special that he ONLY gets for behaving around other dogs.