No Longer Jealous!

Honored Member
Cute, I love scruffy dogs with scruffy faces and little beards (like Holly).

But I think GWP's are still rather big, the one that we sometimes see at the park is anyway, and she likes to roll in stuff :LOL: , she's very sweet though and her face looks like a muppet :love:
GWP are definitly on my list of "dogs I will get one day"

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thanks you all! We've been researching breeds for a long time and the GWP has the possibility of everything we want in our next dog. (And it's grooming is easier than our other choices) I had nearly given up on getting one because lots of breeders won't sell you a pup if you don't hunt but this was just really lucky! The parents are awesome! Momdog ,even though she's still feeding ten babies, took off with my kiddo to go fetch a bumper in the pond, and Daddog was playing ball with him with the Chuck-it. Oh to have a dog that fetches again! I can hardly wait!

648117- that is so funny because we are downsizing! We're getting a dog that can jump into the truck bed and fit on a car seat, ride on a quad, but still pull a Sacco. LOL just shows how perspective is everything! I was going to go for a female, but neutered boys are so consistant. The girls are really a nice size, but the boys aren't as big as my Collie and they are more agile!

Honored Member
648117- that is so funny because we are downsizing! We're getting a dog that can jump into the truck bed and fit on a car seat, ride on a quad, but still pull a Sacco. LOL just shows how perspective is everything! I was going to go for a female, but neutered boys are so consistant. The girls are really a nice size, but the boys aren't as big as my Collie and they are more agile!
I thought you were downsizing after saying the limitations of large dogs in other threads.
But is a GWP really smaller than a Rough Collie?
I've only met one Rough Collie (a young female), it was a few years ago but I'm sure it was smaller than the (I think it's female) GWP that I see at the park.
The smooth coated pointer (also female) that used to go to agility is smaller than the GWP (although I obvious never saw them next to each other) but it was still in the "maxi" height class (Holly is "micro").
Maybe the GWP that I see is oddly large, I think her head reaches my elbow when she's sitting and I'm average height. I'll have to look up the standards and compare them.

But perspective is impotant, lol, even medium size dogs tend to look "large" to me. It's going to be odd when I eventually own a dog that I can't lift over my head with one hand :ROFLMAO:. Although today on our walk me and Holly met two smooth coat chihuahua's and they were tiny, Holly looked like a scruffy giant next to them :D

MaryK

Honored Member
I thought you were downsizing after saying the limitations of large dogs in other threads.
But is a GWP really smaller than a Rough Collie?
I've only met one Rough Collie (a young female), it was a few years ago but I'm sure it was smaller than the (I think it's female) GWP that I see at the park.
The smooth coated pointer (also female) that used to go to agility is smaller than the GWP (although I obvious never saw them next to each other) but it was still in the "maxi" height class (Holly is "micro").
Maybe the GWP that I see is oddly large, I think her head reaches my elbow when she's sitting and I'm average height. I'll have to look up the standards and compare them.

But perspective is impotant, lol, even medium size dogs tend to look "large" to me. It's going to be odd when I eventually own a dog that I can't lift over my head with one hand :ROFLMAO:. Although today on our walk me and Holly met two smooth coat chihuahua's and they were tiny, Holly looked like a scruffy giant next to them :D
You mean Holly don't you a giant? LOL a GIANT against a chihuahua that's pricless:ROFLMAO:

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
DevonW -OOh! you picked a girl! Sweet! Happy for you! We'll both probably be up in the wee hours for a while! I've got 9 days left... I'll be thinking of you on Tues while I'm still kicking back watching Westminster!

648117- yeah you're right the standard puts them pretty close though in the wires I've met the females are really quite a bit smaller, but I strayed from the original idea and signed up for a boy instead.... I also was a little leery of going too little in comparison to Diesel who sweet as he is is still pretty exhuberant sometimes and I wanted a dog big enough to not be constantly worried it'd get accidentally hurt. He does play really well with my brothers 25lb rat terrier but no guarantees that the dog I'd pick would be as savvy as that little wonder. Course I think I could still change my mind and get a girl but... nah. I really like the boys.

I'll take in some puppy breath for all of you who don't get to have puppers right now--but think, when you get yours I'll be feeling envious again!

MaryK

Honored Member
That's fabulous!:D A new puppy Ah that sweet puppy breath! So jealous:D And those broken night's sleep, chewed shoes ah puppies you just gotta LOVE them!!!!!!!!!:love:

don't forget the pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
LOL! I will definitely get the picture thing going from now on. Ten pups were just really overwhelming to me!