New To Forum Hello

aussie/dallover

Hi I just found this forum due to looking for agility and obedience things to do with my dog. Her name is Iindey and she will be 7 in July. I am from Colorado and Iindey is my service dog. I self trained her with the help of my grandmother. I adopted Iindey in 2007 from Dalmatian Rescue of Colorado and my passion is to make homemade dog cookies for dogs with allergies as well as feeding them to my pup. My dog reminds me so much of my chow fox mix that I had when I was a little kid and I have no idea what I would do without her. I am extremely protective of her just as she is of me when she feels that I am being threatened. I got involved with dog training beginning with my chow/fox mix when I was younger and then got into the asl training for dogs with a foster dal that was completely dead. I trained him with hand signals I knew that he could see. Iindey knows english, spanish and asl.:D People say that dogs aren't that intelligent though I have to completely disagree with the people that say that. Iindey is still learning new tricks to this day!:LOL::giggle:

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome!:) I agree, dogs are way more intelligent than a lot of people think, and mature age dogs, sure they can still learn new tricks!

Would love to see more pics of your gorgeous gal:) And a multi-lingual one at that!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! I have several deaf dogs, and have fostered several others :) (3 of the dogs in my avatar are deaf :) ) good for you for fostering a deafie!