New From Midwest

rescuelover

Hello Everyone,

I live in Indiana and in love with rescue dogs especially my pits :-) I own a pit/Rhodesian Ridge Back mix named Carter. I'm big advocate on rescuing dogs and showing people they can be trained and a great family dog. Carter loves to be trained and eventually I would love to have him trained to comfort returning or wounded soldiers. I'm also looking into fostering and volunteering for the local humane society. Great to meet everyone.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi and welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place, you'll be in good company, as lots of us have rescue dogs (I have two), and we all love training! (y):cool: You have a wonderful goal for Carter, and fostering and volunteering is so needed, as you know there are so many dogs in need. Have fun on the forum, just jump in anywhere, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, there are lots of people here to help.

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!!!:D I'm also a rescue dog advocate (my dog, Shivon is a rescue) There are many members who are rescue advocates, and some also foster dogs.:) If you have any questions or need any advice, we're here to help!!!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA!

All 5 of the dogs in my avatar are rescues, as well as the 2 dogs I had before :) You are definitely among like minds here :)

Dlilly

Honored Member
Welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here! There are a bunch of great dog owners on here who have amazing advice!

It's great you rescued your dog! My 3 dogs, 2 cats, and even my 3 goats are all rescued! I foster for my local Beagle rescue, but my current foster actually isn't a Beagle. :p I also volunteer at the animal shelter once a month. :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome:) You're in great company here. A lot of us, self included, are rescue advocates. Both my boys and one of my cats are rescues.