New From Chicago!

Lindsey

Hello! My name is Lindsey and I've got two Australian Koolies.

Traveler who is a little over two years old and Didgeridoo who is eleven weeks.

IMG_2853 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

I do a lot of training and just having fun out and about with my dogs. Mostly shaping (because I've created two dogs so far that won't lure so I shape more so they won't lure more and so on) and just like training random things.

We haven't competed yet in anything other than APDT rally but Traveler and I are training in Agility at the moment. Didgie on the other hand is learning to learn currently. We're working a lot on interacting with different objects.

So just some pictures of my two!

Didgie

IMG_2175 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Her first icecream cone

IMG_2738 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2273 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2005 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And Traveler! The happiest boy in the world

IMG_3468 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2672 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2694 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2798 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_3414 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all!

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Amazing photography :love: - can you tell we are all pic hounds here? ;)

Koolies are such an incredible breed - I worked with some while I lived in New Zealand and loved their drive and general fearlessness.

I am REALLY looking forward to following Didgie and Travelers progress. I look forward to getting to know them better.

Are you on Facebook? Do you have a website or blog?

Lindsey

Thanks for all the nice comments about my dogs and pictures guys! Had me blushing and their heads swelling!

do you find them similar in character to Border Collies/other herding breeds or do you find them more individual to the breed?
Well, I think all herding breeds are rather unique and have their own little quirks. Sometimes Koolies seem like a mix between them all :D They don't have the hardness that Cattle Dogs seem to have along with stranger friendly and dog friendly.

They tend to be less noise sensitive and overall more hardy fear wise than border collies can be. Also more in your face, loud, ontop of you and life is one giant game than most BC's I know.

But all of that is generalities.

Koolies are such an incredible breed - I worked with some while I lived in New Zealand and loved their drive and general fearlessness.

I am REALLY looking forward to following Didgie and Travelers progress. I look forward to getting to know them better.

Are you on Facebook? Do you have a website or blog?

I know a few people that are in New Zealand with Koolies!

And I'm on fb http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=565011694

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Well, I think all herding breeds are rather unique and have their own little quirks. Sometimes Koolies seem like a mix between them all :D They don't have the hardness that Cattle Dogs seem to have along with stranger friendly and dog friendly.

They tend to be less noise sensitive and overall more hardy fear wise than border collies can be. Also more in your face, loud, ontop of you and life is one giant game than most BC's I know.

But all of that is generalities.
They sound great fun!!! Beautiful dogs too! Do you work them at all (herding wise)?

xena98

Experienced Member
yeah more coolies go the coolies. They are awesome dogs I have two of them one is a blue merle that is 14 years old and Gabby my blue merle tri. She is in my avatar.
I compete in both obedience and agility with Gabby and my border collie as well.
All three of my dogs are obedience and agility champions.
Gabby I have also taught her tricks.
I find the coolies are so easy to teach they just love to learn lol
Are your Coolies from Toolalla coolies

MaryK

Honored Member
Love the pics, the one of Didgie in the swing is just to cute for words and Traveller in his jacket awesome!

Welcome! Hope you stay around!:)

CarmenR

Hi hello and welcome to DTA! You're dogs are such cuties, love the names. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get two Koolies in US?! Koolies aren't recognized as an official breed here (here being Australia) yet due lack of records being kept regarding parentage. I would have thought this would have made it harder for you to get them.

Regardless they are very adorable and I agree with MaryK Didgie in the swing is way too cut e:love: haha