Need Tough Chew Toy

rescuelover

I have a pit mix who loves squeeze/chewy toys but I haven't found one he can't destroy in three minutes. Any suggestions?

Dlilly

Honored Member
I have a similar problem. I'm not willing to pay for an expensive toy though, most of the good toys are super expensive.

I've found that my dog LOVES the water bottle toy. This is what I'm talking about- Clicky My foster dog and my dog haven't ripped the cover apart, but my foster ripped the tail off, which isn't a big deal.

I live to take old socks, and put a plastic bag or stuffing in it with a squeaky from an old toy they've destroyed. I just tie the sock in a knot and it's ready to go! If they ruin it, I can just get another old sock.

Dlilly

Honored Member
I almost forgot about the Tug-O-Rama from Fat Cat! It's a tug toy, but I don't play tug with it, I normally just use it fetch, like a normal stuffed toy. Here's the link so you can take a look at it- Clicky

This toy has been used by a crazy Beagle mix and my 11 month old Australian Kelpie. It's been through a lot. The seams are starting to rip because I used to play tug with it. It's an awful tug toy. It might last a while with your dog. I can't really recommend the toy, I never got to test it with my Kelpie pup because it's already been torn up a bit by my last foster. It's something you should look into though.

sara

Staff member
Best toy ever for my friend's Pit Bull, and My Oliver.... the Chuck-it Ultra Ball! For some reason, they cant wreck it! Rocky had his for 2 years before he lost it, and that dog walks around squishing that ball day and night (he literally puts it in his bowl then eats around it... ) Ollie has had his for 3 years and still hasn't wrecked it.... though he's not nearly as hard on balls as Rocky is.

MaryK

Honored Member
My older dog Zeus is the World Champion wrecker of all balls and toys. I'm getting him this ball/toy as it's guaranteed by a friend to be "Zeus Proof" - she's actually thrown down a challenge to me that Zeus will NOT be able to wreck it. And it's also a lot of fun for the dog and anyone watching.

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=336

I've spent a gazillion dollars on toys/balls only to see them wrecked within a matter of minutes by Zeus. So I figure a one off expenditure on something which will last is well worth it and I have to pay a lot more for postage being outside the U.S.A.

Plus he will not be able to swallow the bits and then regurgitate them when I'm in the middle of eating my dinner!:rolleyes::sick:

raymond upton

I have a pit mix who loves squeeze/chewy toys but I haven't found one he can't destroy in three minutes. Any suggestions?
jerry does the same thing he doesn't seem to like any toys that are indestructable but one day i found these toys made by hartz they're foam filled rubber squeaky toys they're the first toys iv'e found that he plays with and doesn't try to destroy give those a try i've found them at walmart as well as the grocery store they're not very expensive

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Our Newf is pretty tough on stuff too, sometimes I get lengths of rope for tugging at the feedstore it's chaper than buying retail toys, then I just make it however long I want and tie knots in it. He also has a water bottle toy but it has a rubber squeaker cap that the bottle goes into then it goes into the animal sleeve. 6c41423444437a7974664a776e42475a796c67-149x149-0-0.jpg
He is absolutely crazy for it. Oddly he is not so hard on some of the plushy toys amymore, I got him a Kong Wubba for Christmas and he just carries it around.
photo.JPG

The one thing I love for my dogs are antlers they help them to be very content. They can be quite expensive but they can last even our big guy like three months. I think these prices seem better than some. http://antlerchews.com/

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, the Chuck-it Ultra Ball... My friend's pitty has had the same one for 3 years, and he chomps on it constantly. He's a bit ball crazy and always has it with him, he chews it and squishes it for most of every day :) My 40lb Terrier x has had the same one for 3 years also, and he has yet to wreck it.

http://www.caninehardware.com/#/product/launchercompatible/ultra
Sara how large are the Chuck-it Balls? Cannot quite tell from the pics. Are they around the size of a soccer ball? And are they soft as in rubber not the hard plastic which caused Ra Kismet to end up with a bad cut on his face.<

MaryK

Honored Member
K9 Crazed he looks so cute:D I cannot find Antler Chews anywhere here. Checked the site and I don't think they ship over seas and more than likely the darned quarantine/customs will not allow them in, unless of course I got a full on Merchants License:(

2SpoiledAussies

K9 Crazed he looks so cute:D I cannot find Antler Chews anywhere here. Checked the site and I don't think they ship over seas and more than likely the darned quarantine/customs will not allow them in, unless of course I got a full on Merchants License:(
Petedge.com has some. They are a wholesale dealer my grandmother used to buy for for her grooming shop. If you order under $60 in stuff you have to pay extra, but they can still be deals that way. They also carry ChuckIt Ultra Balls

MaryK

Honored Member
Petedge.com has some. They are a wholesale dealer my grandmother used to buy for for her grooming shop. If you order under $60 in stuff you have to pay extra, but they can still be deals that way. They also carry ChuckIt Ultra Balls
Thank you will go over to their site.:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Sara:) Oliver looks soooooooooooo cute with his:love: They would be useful for an 'inside ball' Zeus wouldn't be able to chew them up, which he's done so far with every other ball, but not for soccer play.

MaryK

Honored Member
Mary,
I googled dog antlers Australia and several sites came up if that helps.
Thanks, he is a cutie!
Thank you does help a lot.:) I'll google, the local pet shops looked at me as if I was going a bit barmyO_o The boys need a good, long lasting chew, which doesn't attract ants!

sandimike

I recently bought some toys.My dog cant stop playing with them every day. I recommend puppybuble.com to get toys.