My Youngest 4 Legged Baby Karma's Lunar Storm - "lu" Or Luna

passion4pups

"Lu" is my youngest pup. The mixture of an amazing companion, brilliant student, and amazing work dog. She is the second Standard Poodle I have owned , and I am totally taken by the breed , not only because I am a groomer, but because they have so many amazing qualities. Originally when I got the ok from the hubs to add another dog to the family (okay, okay, I wore him down with constant pleading, tantrums and pictures taped to everything for months) She was suppose to be my work companion , my competition dog and MY baby . . since she has become more of a daddies girl, though she does travel to work with me daily and knows I am the woman with that small little box that makes the click noise that is immediately followed by yummy treats. She has been a joy since day one. Which is amazing considering her start and the fact the airline lost her, her flight here consisted of her being lost, layed over and stuck in a kennel for 18 hours when it should have only been 5!! She loves to hunt . . in fact beside her big brother Griff, she is the most fearsome rabbit killer in the neighborhood!! She loves to swim, loves water in general, and if she can attack it coming out of the hose or sprinkler her day has been made! She follows her little girl around everywhere , I assume for a few reasons. Generally the little girl has treats of some sort of food, she's carrying a flashlight and needs to be protected from the fearsome light coming out of it , or she will have a soft stuffy toy that can be snatched and chewed on! here are a few of my favorite pictures of her.

Attachments

passion4pups

I can see you have way too much fun grooming her! Love the jack o'lantern!
I do, I do, I do!! LOL
She got a new do today, since she will be wearing a back pack next weekend and schmoozing for donations for the local humane society at their annual Bark in the Park . . . thought I would share . . .

Attachments

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I do, I do, I do!! LOL
She got a new do today, since she will be wearing a back pack next weekend and schmoozing for donations for the local humane society at their annual Bark in the Park . . . thought I would share . . .
Oh my goodness! That is so awesome, and she wears it like a celebrity! What do you use to put the colors on? Someone was trying to figure out how to add red, white and blue to their dog's hair for July 4th. I think they used Koolaid!

Honored Member
Wow, Luna is a really nice dog.

How much grooming does a Standard Poodle actually require?

They are on my list of potential future breeds but I'm not sure if I will be able to handle the amount of grooming they seem to require.
There is heaps of stuff on the internet on how to groom poodles but I haven't seen much on regular day-to-day grooming, so do you have to brush her out every day? how often do you do a full wash and cut?
Are they really as much work as they look like they are? (eg, I brush my mums Pomeranian two-three times a week, he isn't as much work as he looks, never has knots, I just trim his feet and nails every so often to keep them tidy)

Gordykins

Experienced Member
You're a fantastic groomer!!! I'm not normally a fan of the poodle do's, but she looks very nice!

I love how the dogs pretty much pick us rather than us picking them!! So do you still do anything competitive with Lu even though she is a daddy's girl? From your other thread, it actually sounds like you and Zeus would make an amazing team in competitive venues!