My Rabbit Has Passed Away....

Dlilly

Honored Member
I thought you should all know this because I made a thread about Rory being obsessed with her...

She was fine this morning, and didn't eat anything bad while she was running around my room. (Rory was in his crate that was covered with a blanket barking at her) I left home around 6 and got back at 8. I went to give her a carrot, a treat since she has to put up with Rory. I knew right away there was a problem, I put my hand in her hutch and she didn't lick me....

She is old, but not ancient. I really thought I'd have a few more years with her... I can't believe she is gone.

I never really talked about her because I just let her run around and be a rabbit. I tried clicker training and failed. I will not talk about her now or else I'll start crying... I'll have to e-mail my friends... I'm not making a Facebook status or blog post, it's too sad... I could tell everyone on here though, you guys rock.

I'm on the couch right now, I don't want to go in my room. I placed her body in a box all by myself, and I'll bring her to our animal cemetery tomorrow.

Shiloh and Delilah surprisingly tried to comfort me, they didn't like me cry. And right now Chuck, one of our crazy cats, is sleeping on my feet. That doesn't happen often. They all know I'm upset. It helps a lot.

Living on a farm and having many pets, I've had to deal with many dead animals. I've never been able to look at them... My rabbit was mine and I didn't want anyone to see her like that... It was hard and I cried the whole time, but my gut told me I had to do it.

I know death is a part of life, but it sucks. :( Especially since don't believe in any type of afterlife.

Sorry this was so long... I couldn't help it.

Everyone give your dog, and any other pet you may have, a big hug.

Evie

Experienced Member
**hugs**

At least you know you gave her the best life she could have possibly wished for... doesn't make it any easier though.

RIP Miss bunny <3

MaryK

Honored Member
(((((Hugs)))))). So sorry to hear Miss Bunny has crossed the Bridge. You are so brave and followed your gut instinct to take care of her yourself, even though it must have been incredibly hard.

No need to apologize for a long post, it helps to talk to friends, even though we're miles away and have never met except on this forum. Most of us have been through it with our babies, so we understand and can emphasize with you.

Take care, time is a great healer, and the pain does ease but don't push yourself. Grief is natural and it's a necessary step towards healing the heart ache. You gave her a wonderful life, even though as Evie says, that doesn't make it easier right now.

R.I.P. Miss Bunny.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hugs.
I'm so sorry about your rabbit. I know how it is to find your own animal dead and place them in a box, I found my kitten. It'll hurt a lot for a little while, but it does get easier over time. You had some great times with her just remember that. R.I.P Miss Bunny

Dogster

Honored Member
*HUGS.*

I'm so sorry... It must be very hard for you.:( It's heartbreaking to loose a pet, they're like family. It's good that your dogs and cat comforted you, that always helps.:)

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Aww, so sorry about the loss of your sweet bunny. Having lost so many pets thru the years, I can only imagine how hard that was for you. It's one last act of love to do what you did, tho. Cry when you need to, let the tears wash away the sadness, and draw comfort and love from your pets - they def know you're sad and will try so hard to make you feel better. You know you're among friends here and can always talk if you need to. She was your bunny and you loved her - and now your friend is gone. We all know what that emptiness feels like. I'm sad for you tonight - but also know that she was lucky to have been loved by you. Let time be your friend. It's terribly hard right now, but soon the deep sadness will let up, and you'll be left with the gentle, happy memories.

RIP sweet bunny.