My pit bull and my sisters cat

shannas

Hi

my name is Shanna and I am new to this forum. I am hoping to find a solution for my two yonger sisters home pets.

One owns a pit bull named Lola and just recently moved in with my other sister who owns a cat named Osiris. We don't know what is the best way to help these to loving animals get along.

We have to keep Lola always in her cage, as soon as she is out she runs after Osiris and scares the living day light out of him. We have to run after Lola and grab her, to make sure she does not hurt Osiris. When we leave the house they need to be kept in two seperate rooms to avoid any unfortunate accidents.

Any tips and information would be greatly appreciated.

snooks

Experienced Member
This is something to address quickly so you don't end up with two animals that are habituated in not getting along or in the dog chasing/hurting the cat and the cat being scared or angry. If you reward your leashed dog with treats when he looks at kitty and stays calm and get your dog to look back to you for rewards and treats whe he see's kitty this is the first part of a good leave-it. I would teach a good solid leave it and you can see great examples of how to teach in the classroom.

Also some good advice on dogs and cats getting along in Can Cats and Dogs be Friends? | Karen Pryor Clickertraining

Hope this helps.

posie

hi welcome i hope u can find out how to make those two get along i know when we got my sisters dog they used to make a lot of noise but now they are great together!! and love snuggling up to each other in front of the fire and only occasionally play fight