Mia's First Trick Video!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Absolutely fantastic! You're doing an amazing job of training Mia. I can't wait to show this to my sister and try to get her to work a bit more with her cat.
Haha, I hope it works! :D Cats can be super trainable, as Mia shows. I once even trained a stray cat I saw outside of the place I was staying for vacation. It's amazing what animals will do for food, especially hungry ones. ;)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Great job, that is so cool your teaching Mia tricks. I was teaching my cat Scout before he disapeared. I found it more a bit more challanging than the dogs. Hope to see more videos as you teach her more tricks.
Is Mia going to be declawed or have your parents decided not to?

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Great job, that is so cool your teaching Mia tricks. I was teaching my cat Scout before he disapeared. I found it more a bit more challanging than the dogs. Hope to see more videos as you teach her more tricks.
Is Mia going to be declawed or have your parents decided not to?
They got her declawed. (n) They declawed her behind my back while I was in Chicago for the weekend for that herding trial. :( Which made me especially angry, because they didn't even tell me they were doing it! And they didn't even tell me when I get home, they hoped I wouldn't notice! It's pretty hard to not notice when you have blood prints on your bed from your cats toes. :mad:

southerngirl

Honored Member
They got her declawed. (n) They declawed her behind my back while I was in Chicago for the weekend for that herding trial. :( Which made me especially angry, because they didn't even tell me they were doing it! And they didn't even tell me when I get home, they hoped I wouldn't notice! It's pretty hard to not notice when you have blood prints on your bed from your cats toes. :mad:
I'm really sorry they did that to you. I know I would be furious. Poor Mia..

southerngirl

Honored Member
P.S. She's fine now, but I can tell that she walks differently on her front paws than she used to, which worries me about things like arthritis in her future.
She may just be walking different for know while she gets used to it. I can tell you that I have had my cat Sophie for about five years and she was two, three when we got her making her around 6 or 7 and she doesn't have any problems with arthritis. Being declawed doesn't seem to bother her in the least bit. She even kills squirrels, chipmunks, birds and so on.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
She may just be walking different for know while she gets used to it. I can tell you that I have had my cat Sophie for about five years and she was two, three when we got her making her around 6 or 7 and she doesn't have any problems with arthritis. Being declawed doesn't seem to bother her in the least bit. She even kills squirrels, chipmunks, birds and so on.
Good to know, hopefully it doesn't affect her either!

MaryK

Honored Member
LOVE the video!!!!!!!!:love: Mia is one smart cat and I too love Agility Cat the best. I really should try with my cats, well one anyway the other one would be far too lazy, to train her to do tricks. LOL that would make the dogs sit up and take notice!

So sorry your parents went behind your back, I too would be furious! Declawing is, I think, illegal here so I'm not sure what side effects can come from it. I hope Mia is managing well now and not suffering. poor baby.