Meet Our New Family Members! Adorable Pics And Videos Included! :d

Dice Smith

I've been wanting a few ducks for years now and a couple of weeks ago my parents surprised me with four baby ducklings!! :D:LOL:(y) Kodi is in love and so am I. He sits with his head on the edge of their brooder just watching them. :love:
Hmm... for some reason I can't remember how to upload pics... O_o:oops: I have a really cute one where Kodi has his feet on their brooder and he's so proud lol. I do have a few videos though! They are going to be trained to do fun tricks and I have some big plans for us this summer. :)

The first night home with us:

Their first clicker training session learning how to spin:

Going for their first swim. Kodi got to see them at the end of this video but he was a little too excited cause he didn't get to go for a walk that day so he tried to nip at the babies. He then had to go wait in his crate while we toweled them off. The good news is they will poke their heads up at him from their box and he just sniffs them. He is very gentle with them.

A few of the videos are long so I totally understand if you guys don't want to watch them. I just wanted to show off our new additions to the family. :)

Dlilly

Honored Member
They're adorable!! What type of duck is the all black (blue) duck??

Be careful to not let them get too wet, baby ducks don't have their adult feathers so they shouldn't really be swimming too much. It's really nice watching them swim, especially when they stretch! It's soo cute!

Dice Smith

They're adorable!! What type of duck is the all black (blue) duck??

Be careful to not let them get too wet, baby ducks don't have their adult feathers so they shouldn't really be swimming too much. It's really nice watching them swim, especially when they stretch! It's soo cute!
Thank you! :) The yellow one is a Peking and the black and yellow striped one is a mallard, which I'm sure you know since you have duckies too. ;) The two really dark ones, which I think are the ones you're talking about, with the bluish beaks and feet? We think are Khaki Campbells which when full grown the females are brown and white and the drakes have really pretty green heads and marbling. We were also told they could possibly be Cayugas, which when full grown are really beautiful blackish blue colors. We were told we're really lucky if they're Cayuga's cause it's rare to find them at a feed store. So now we're eagerly waiting to see them full grown so we'll know for sure! :D

We only let them go swimming twice a week for about 5-10 minutes and then we towel them off super well and put them back in their warm brooders, plus we have a space heater to warm the room up to. ;) We thought the yellow one was having feet issues so we were told to let them swim a little bit to strengthen their legs. He hasn't had any issues since his first swim so I think I might have been a bit of an overprotective new duck mom lol. :LOL: The stretching when they swim is my favorite part too! :love:

What kind of ducks do you have? :)

Mutt

Experienced Member
They are very Cute!
I really like to have ducks to, but we are sticking with our chickens for now since I won't be living very long at home (going to college next year) and my mom thinks 21 chickens and 2 dogs are more than enough :ROFLMAO:.

The two really dark ones, which I think are the ones you're talking about, with the bluish beaks and feet? We think are Khaki Campbells which when full grown the females are brown and white and the drakes have really pretty green heads and marbling.
Aah Khaki Campbells are one of my favorite duck breeds :love:!