Meet My Precious

Sameeee

102_2197.JPG I have talked so much about Max, Sassy and Rocky. but not to much about My 1 eyed Beauty Precious, she is a 5 yr old Shih Tzu. I have had her since she was 8 weeks old. her and Sissy Dog ( RIP ) where never apart. and a Great joy God put into my life. she is the sweetest little girl. and very smart, Precious lost her eye when Max was younger he jumped over her and poked her eye with his dew claw and she had to have it removed,
When Sissy Dog passed. Precious went into a deep depresion. she didn't understand why he was not with her any more, I was so scared I would lose her to, I brought Sassy home she was 7 weeks old and Precious went into momma mode. ( she has never had puppys of her own ) everything went great untill Sassy started attacking Precious and I had to rehome Sassy, I was scared Precious would go back into a depresion being alone again but she is doing good a little sad at times tho. bringing Rocky home in a few days will be so good for Precious she can play mommy again.
the time stamp on the pics are wrong I just took them last night
102_2207.JPG102_2208.JPG

MaryK

Honored Member
Precious is GORGEOUS:love: I'm so glad you've shared about her. I understand what you mean about her becoming depressed when Sissy crossed the Bridge. My older dog Zeus was the same when his sister (they were litter mates) crossed. He was very depressed. Fortunately the new puppy and he get on very well, but have had the same thing happen with two females as you had with Precious and Sassy:cry:

It is scary because we just don't know what to do to help them when they become depressed and I also believe Samee that, because we too are grieving for the loss of a loved darling, that makes it harder for them as well. They are grieving, we are all upset, not easy for them to deal with so much. Dogs are such sensitive animals, they feel and know our every mood. I'm sure Precious understands you very well you have such a wonderful bond with her.

It sounds like your beautiful Precious is feeling much happier now, not in that awful deep depression they go into at first. I am sure when Rocky arrives, not long now, she'll be very happy "Momma Precious" that's just delightful. I know we are all so looking forward to seeing photos of them both together and thank you so much for the beautiful photos of Precious. She is just BEAUTIFUL and that one gorgeous eye has all the love in the world shining through:):love:

Dogster

Honored Member
Awwww, Precious is GORGEOUS.:love::love::love: I bet she'll be really happy when little Rocky comes home, she'll have a new best friend. :)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Aww Precious is very cute. My friend actually has a 1 1/2 year old hyper boxer and a shih-Tzu. Her boxer gets a bit ruff with the shih-tzu but he takes it and knows where to go to get away.

Sameeee

Precious has a new BFF he is Rocky a 8 week old Imperial Shih Tzu. only gona get to around 7 to 9 lbs if not smaller. he came home yesterday. and he and Precious are getting along great:)as you can see by the smile on her face she is happy.
101_2234.JPG101_2248.JPG101_2256.JPG101_2263.JPG

MaryK

Honored Member
yes MaryK just too cute for words. seeing My Precious so happy with Rocky fills my heart with joy.
I'm so very, very happy for you Sameeee, that Precious is obviously so very happy with Rocky and into Momma mode:D:love::love: I just love a happy ending!:love: Or should that be a new beginning of a life long friendship with Precious and Rocky:love: