Me And Zach.. About Us :)

What tricks can I teach him?

• Total voters

Ashley Toomey

Hi, My name is Ashley and I have a pomeranian named Zach,
He is totally loveable but hates water and doesn't fetch!
He's totally lazy but loves walks and car rides! I am a twilight
fan and a dog lover. LOVE HIM SOO MUCHH! He knows shake,
hi-five, roll over, lie down and jump what else can I teach him?
xxx Ash:ROFLMAO:
P.S I am new to this site

running_dog

Honored Member
Hi! Welcome to DTA. abby_someone is right, you'll find lots of ideas for trick on here once you start looking around.
My dog is called Zac (without a "h") He sometimes sees a friend that thinks it is a doberman but it's wrapped up in a tiny pomerarian body :ROFLMAO:.

Sammie Dunn

Hi there,
My name is Sammie. I have a Staffy cross Lab. He is 5 months, I love pomerarians :D They are soooo cute!
As for tricks I found this great site that does 52 tricks step by step ... http://www.doggiebuddy.com/topics/Trainingtopics/traintopic3.html
That is the link there :) There is some great, complex ones as well as basic ones!

Let us know how you get on with training :D My little Coco knows Sit, lie down, paw, hi5, go pee, go poo, heel, on/off leash training, shake, fully house trained and focusing on Spin, roll over and sneeze just now :D

Ashley Toomey

How do i teach my dog to fetch? if i have a treat with me he will only sit there and stare and the food :D he also wont fetch if he has a choice. How do i make him enjoy it?:notworthy:

running_dog

Honored Member
How do i teach my dog to fetch? if i have a treat with me he will only sit there and stare and the food :D he also wont fetch if he has a choice. How do i make him enjoy it?:notworthy:
Zac doesn't fetch well if there is a treat around and he doesn't do formal fetch ever anyway. He likes chasing things so I just found a toy he loved and then played tug, fetch developed from that.

I'd forget the treat for now, just get Zach really focussed on a toy and train on from that, fetch is pretty hard for a lot of dogs. If you look at the website that Sammie Dunn recommends earlier in this thread it describes teaching fetch based on the "tug" game and "bring it" commands.

Sammie Dunn

I found that the website that I posted is very helpful in quite a few places. Some of the commands are great to know when teaching other things such as fetch.

How are you getting on now? Any luck? xx

Dodge

:LOL:hi Ash,I m working my way down all the newbies(:LOL:) my lord you sound like fun,looking forward to a chat with you and lots more pics of your fluffy ball of lurve:love:
A very warm welcome to you and Zach,hope you will enjoy the forum and the best of luck with training your little babe:barefoot: