Lynn And Apollo Here

chipup1313

Hello all.
I am Lynn, the trainer and Apollo the Standard Poodle is the Trainee. At least that is the way it is supposed to be. Some times we get out rolls reversed.
I am a sixty one year old granny. I have had dogs all my life as well as cats, birds, horses, cows, pigs sheep and goat. In other words I love animals. My Dad used to swear we would have an elephant in the back yard if some one was giving one away.
I have done Obedience training and showing in the past and I have shown in conformation. I use the old correction methods in the past for my obedience dogs and never did very well. Now I am starting over and using positive traing and having so much more fun and success.
Apollo is a four year old standard Poodle. When I got him I specifically wanted to do pet therapy.
Two years ago we join Therapy Pals of the Golden Triangle Dog Obedience Club in Denton Texas and have gone on from there.
Apollo is ony a few visits away from being an AKC certified Therapy dog. He also recently got his Rally Novice titles from botha AKC and ASCA. Now it is time for us to really get down to business and get our off lead training down pat so we can advance in Rally.
We have done all our training using positive motivation. As we have trained we have gotten closer. We have a very strong bond and work well together.

Attachments

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome! So glad you've made the change to Positive Reinforcement, it really is the ONLY way to train. You'll find Apollo WILL reverse roles, because P+ training gives the dog chance to think and make decisions. It's great isn't it to have a role reversal time. :)

Do stay around and feel free to ask any questions or join in, people here are very friendly and very knowledgeable.

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!! I'm glad you decided to switch over to positive methods!!:) Apollo is gorgeous, btw!!:love:
Enjoy the site!!!