Looking To Learn

tollers2

Hi, I have 2 Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers and a Kelpie. My Tollers are 10 1/2 and 12 1/2 and have pretty much retired from competing in dog sports. (Flyball). The younger one is having a play with Rally O and enjoys learning tricks. He's quite deaf now so coming up with hand signals for new activities is a challenge. LOL. My old girl is mostly happy to potter around these days and we do a few tricks with her.

I've recently taken on a 2 year old Kelpie who (of course) is way too smart and hasn't had much training. He's been with us for about 8 weeks now and has learned so much in that time. I take him (when I can) to tricks class at our local club and he also has done a herding beginners class as well as basic obedience. He's going to another herding clinic this weekend. :) I'm reading up on as much as I can to keep this Kelpie boy busy and finding things to do for the oldies.

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA!

We are lovers of pics and videos so feel free to share [and youtube channels and blogs if you got em.]

As for tricks - there are tons here - people have listed their tricks list for inspiration and there are plenty of compilation videos showing them off...once you get started plan on watching hours of entertaining vids. :D

Anything in particular you are training right now?

Evie

Experienced Member
awwwww, so cute!!! I LOVE tollers, but they're really quite rare in Australia, especially in my state. Good luck with the kelpie, hopefully you'll find plenty of ideas on here :D

Dogster

Honored Member
WELCOME!!!!:D Oh, I'm in LOVE with tollers!!!! :love::love: They are extremely smart. It's GREAT you are doing so much with your dogs!!! You'll find TONS of ideas (especially for tricks) right here.:D HAVE FUN and ENJOY the site!!!!:)