Look What I Found!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
I've heard of that before, but never really looked into it. After looking at the website it looks really fun! :) I couldn't find how much it cost to join, were you able to find that? If I ended up joining I would have to do video submissions, the camp cost is way too much for me.

running_dog

Honored Member
I think it is a really good idea. However when I looked at it some time ago I thought it was sad that the requirements (eg playing nicely with other dogs) make it impossible for dog aggressive dogs however well managed to be part of it. Also one of the demo videos showed a dog as being safe with prey because it walked past a battery powered stuffed toy and that was ludicrous.

So GREAT idea but I have some reservations as to it's implementation.

southerngirl

Honored Member
I had looked at it before I had Piper. I had wanted to see about doing it with Missy, but because she is reactive she is not welcomed:(. It would be great to have dogs with behavioral problems be allowed to join because it would help the dog learn to be around other dogs. Of course there would have to be rules to keep the other dogs and people safe. Other than that I think it's great.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I think it is a really good idea. However when I looked at it some time ago I thought it was sad that the requirements (eg playing nicely with other dogs) make it impossible for dog aggressive dogs however well managed to be part of it. Also one of the demo videos showed a dog as being safe with prey because it walked past a battery powered stuffed toy and that was ludicrous.

So GREAT idea but I have some reservations as to it's implementation.
Yeah. I see why they say that, but I agree when handled correctly reactive dogs could participate in at least some activities if not all. River generally chooses not to play with other dogs at all.