Leslie And Lila From Cyprus

Leslie Savva

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I live on the island of Cyprus in the mediteranean. About 6 weeks ago, my husband and I adopted a 6 month old puppy, which we named Lila. We have no idea what mix she is as she was found on the street by one of my colleagues and noone claimed her. I figure there may be some terrier and/or beagle in there somewhere because she is only about 18 pouds, but has incredible energy/stamina and a very active sense of smell. I hide her food for her around the house every morning for her to find.

I have started working with her on basic commands like sit, lie down, come and leave it, but she's also started learning some tricks such as chasing her tail, shake and sit pretty. Additionally, I just started playing with her with a soft frisbee. She really seems to be enjoying it, so I wanted to learn as much as I can about teaching tricks so that we can have as much fun as possible with it.

I don't have a lot of experience teaching tricks. But we live in an apartment now, so I figured this would be a really great way to help her work off some additional mental energy, build our relationship and give her a bit of a job at the same time. Plus, there is nothing more adorable than a dog doing a trick.

So, that pretty much covers it. If you have any beginner tips, let me know. Otherwise, I am looking forward to looking around and picking up some great information along the way.

Thanks!:)

Leslie

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! You'll find alot of great information on this site.

Wow Cypress! My sis has been there for decompression after a tour in Afghanistan. She really liked it there.

Leslie Savva

Thanks Sara, I'm enjoying the site so far. And glad to hear that your sister enjoyed her time here. It's a bit expensive to get here, but it is a really nice island.

I've never heard of a Texas Terrier before. It sounds like a dog with quite a personality!

sara

Staff member
Ha Ha, he's just a mixed breed terrier cross, who was supposed to be deaf, that came to me here in Canada, all the way from Houston, Tx (about 1800 miles, I do believe) He's some sort of largish terrier (Irish is my best guess) crossed with a Lab, probably.

My sis loves to travel, and has been to alot of places... I'm not a traveller, in that sense. I like places I can drive leisurly to and camp at! LOL