Leash Couplers

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Hello people! I've been pondering about if I should get myself a coupler for my dogs. Walking with many leashes is uncomfortable for picking up poo and that kind of stuff.

Do you have any experience with them?

Right now I have a dog that is leash trained and another one who is not. Do you think it would be detrimental for my dog's education? I'm not very good at physics so I'm not sure how the tension on the couplers would work and how it would affect the individual dogs.

Sometimes I grab both leashes and use my hand to keep them together, while holding the rest of the leash in the other hand, and it works fairly fine (until I need to pick up poo), but of course if a dog pulls, the other one doesn't get any kind of tension from it since a totally different leash.

Thanks!

sara

Staff member
I used to use a leash coupler for Mouse and Boo until I discovered her allergy to metal, so dont use it anymore.

But I've gotten very good at juggling leashes LOL. I can walk all 5 of my dogs (when Scout and Zoe still lived here) all on a different leash, and manage to pick up after them! LOL

Dogster

Honored Member
Looks like a good thing to try:) if you're not addicted to buying lots of collars and leashes like I am.:ROFLMAO::p

Pawbla

Experienced Member
I am totally addicted to buying that kind of stuff but I always manage to "control myself" and buy a new brush or toy instead of a new leash or collar haha.
I guess I'll just try!

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
I have used a coupler several times with varied responses - I have used it on a good walker, bad walker pair to help slow down the bad walker by example and that worked beautifully.

I tried it on the pups at the lake a few days ago - bad idea - you'd think they didn't have a single bit of common sense between them. Maybe try it for a few outings and see what you think?