Kong Stuffing Ideas?

blacknym

Experienced Member
I think i will be mainly stuffing them with her dinners(I am a raw feeder i generally stay away from grains...but do let her have the occasional taste )...but i thought some "fun" stuffings would be a good idea as well.

I know there are lots of Websites out there with many ideas...but a lot of them are just plain bad for your dog! I was hoping we could get together some healthy ideas for our pups. :D

Some of my ideas...

Banana Coconut yogurt dessert

Just some bananas, coconut oil and NON sugary plain yogurt. Im thinking greek as it has the most protein.

Sweet Potato Pie

ground meat of your choice
sweet potatoes
peas

mash the meat and potatoes together and mix in peas. more meat than potatoe. ;)

Coconut Apple Peanut Delite

chopp up some apple and mix together with coconut oil and a little peanut butter.

Turkey Stew

chop up some turkey
green beans
carrots
kale

stuff the kong and then pour in the gravey (just make a gravey with a bit of flour and your broth of choice..salt free) to fill in the cracks.

freezing each of these after you make them will have your dog working harder and longer. Deja took 45 minutes to finish her dinner last night. :D

blacknym

Experienced Member
haha ok i just clued in that there was a thread for this already. worse...i replied to it. :p

anyways....moving on.

Honored Member
I buy baby food to put in the kongs.

I figure that it's alright for baby's to eat then it should be alright to put in a kong. Although I don't buy the dessert baby food because I assumed it would have to much sugar, I usually get some sort of vege and meat one. It's super easy and doesn't cost much.

Holly and Lewis usually have a frozen kong twice a week. A jar of baby food and some kibble (grain-free) will fill four kongs (they have a medium black one each) with a treat stuck in the end.

I also sometimes put leftovers from dinner in the kongs (if appropriate).

Although my dogs have grain-free kibble I don't mind them having grains in the kongs because they only have it twice a week and most of their other treats are meat (usually dried).

charmedwolf

Staff member
I might have to try the coconut apple one. Isis and Jinx really love apples and I think the coconut oil will help with this dry winter. I'll have to try it will bananas for Kratos as he is the only one that doesn't like apples.:rolleyes: I'll tell you how that goes.

The sweet potato pie, I use a different version for Isis to put a little weight on her. Sweet potatoes, peanut butter and yogurt.