Jinx- Australian Shepherd

Anneke

Honored Member
Name: Tearaway's Kiss Me Quick, Jinx in regular life;)
Breed: Australian Shepherd
Colour: Blue Merle with tan
Sex: female
D.O.B.: may 5 2010
Character: Jinx is a very friendly, outgoing dog. She just loves people and will go to anyone who even looks at her. She loves to cuddle. And she is always ready to do things.
Favorite toys: frisbee(but she doesn't get to play freely with that), tennisball, JW Hol-ee ball
Favorite activity: playing frisbee, agility
Problems: off leash recall

Jinx's tale:
After a long search, I came in contact with her breeder and had to wait for her litter to be born. I met her when she was just one week old. Ofcourse I did not know which one of the 8 puppy's I would take home, so for weeks I cuddled all of them. But as the weeks past, the two blue merle girls in the litter had most of my attention. And Jinx was the first to come to me, as soon as I entered the room. I guess I made up my mind after just 4 weeks, but I wanted to be sure, that this little girl was the right one for me. So I didn't make the final choice untill the pups were 6 weeks old.
And I have no regrets at all! She is my little sunshine. I never thought I would have another soulmate, after my last dog Shane, but I must admit, I lost my heart to her.
Jinx is my shadow, where I am, she is.
And we have so much fun together. I can't believe it has almost been three years!!
Though my trainer said she would be trouble, I have had no problems at all while raising and training her. Maybe because things went so very bad with Cooper, it seemed like a breeze with Jinx, I don't know.
Well, ofcourse there were some issues... Like eating the cat's food on the dinnertable, standing up there with all four paws... Running off into a field and rounding up about 20 sheep, completely deaf to my call... Jumping up at people, even jumping into the lap of a lady in a scootmobile unexpected...Oh sure, she was only being friendly and the lady didn't mind, but...:oops: :rolleyes:
But with her big icy blue eyes, she steals the heart of everyone she meets.
She also likes to stick her nose in places she better not put it... That is how she got bitten by a snake!! Fortunately it wasn't poisinous and all she had was an allergic reaction causing her face to swell up. She learned nothing, by the way, she still sticks her nose in holes and thick bushes:rolleyes:

Trick list:
1 Sit
2 down
3 stand
4 stay in any position with distractions
5 wait(stay where you are, untill I am with you)
6 come
7 heelwork
8 heel(meaning come sit next to me/startposition for heelwork)
9 left paw
10 right paw
11 high 5
12 high 10
13 twist(spin right)
14 turn(spin left)
15 bow
16 sit up
17 speak loud(speak softly/whisper still needs work)
18 whisper/ speak softly
19 jump in arms
20 back stall
21 flip(jump straight up and turn in the air, while catching a frisbee)
22 catch a frisbee
23 teeter totter(agility)
24 tunnel(agility)
25 dogwalk(agility)
26 jump over object(agility)
27 weavepoles
28 jump back(her own invention put on cue)
29 take something to my boyfriend
30 touch target(hand/post it/targetstick)
31 touch pilon
32 say your prayers
33 weave between legs
34 figure 8 between legs
35 peek a boo(come up between my legs from behind)
35 go to mat(in her case the leash)
36 Jump over leg
37 jump over arm
38 paws up
39 jump up on object
40 step in the box
41 sit in the box
42 take my socks off
43 at ease(cross left paw over right paw)
44 relax (cross right paw over left paw)
45 roll over
46 away(circle object counter clockwise)
47 come by (circle object clockwise)
48 read a book
49 polonaise(walk on hindlegs, while front paws are against my back, following me around)
50 help me up(pulling my arm, while I am laying on the floor
51 backdoor( backing up through my legs)
52 Shame
53 take my sweater off

4 weeks old and showing off her personality:D

2 years old

A little vid where Jinx is 9 weeks old

Gordykins

Experienced Member
Jinx is so pretty! Sounds like she makes friends pretty quickly! It sounds like she is your heart dog. I so believe people can have more than one heart dog in their lifetime. It makes me too sad to think otherwise.

MaryK

Honored Member
Jinx is so pretty! Sounds like she makes friends pretty quickly! It sounds like she is your heart dog. I so believe people can have more than one heart dog in their lifetime. It makes me too sad to think otherwise.
I totally agree Gordykins, I too believe you can have more than one heart dog, and you know who that dog is. Jinx sure is Anneke's heart dog.

Dogster

Honored Member
She's absolutely gorgeous!!!:love: And she was the cutest puppy!!! (love, love, love the pic and the video!!!:love:) What a great dog!!!:D