Jet

Lisa Powell

Hi, my name is Lisa, and I'm 20 years old from North Wales in the UK. I have had dogs in the past (usually border collies or labs) and we recently got a new puppy called Jet, born 9th March 2011. Jet is a German Shephard Collie Cross - black with a white tummy, paws and chin :) I'll try to get a picture up soon.

We're still in the process of him having his injections, but I thought I would check the training out early. Once he's had all his vet checks we'll be taking him to puppy training and I would love to take part in some of the trainings on this website.

He's a very intelligent puppy and already knows how to sit, shake and lie, and definitely needs to keep his mind occupied. We haven't used a clicker yet but that's definitely something I would like to incorporate into training.

... and sorry about my username, when it asked for a name I put in full rather than just "Lisa" or "Lisa and Jet" - Ohwell!

mewzard

Experienced Member
Hi Lisa! I'm in SouthernUK! I have a Shepherd cross too, though Oka <--- Is a Northern Inuit x GSD. Jet sounds very smart :love:, there are lots of tricks on this site for him to learn!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! Your pup sounds awesome! You'll find alot of cool ideas to train your dog on this site, and clickertraining is def. the way to go with a smartie like Jet :D

Enjoy the forums, and your new puppy!

Lisa Powell

Hi Tash - Oka is beautiful!! Thank you for the welcome to the forum
Finally got a picture of Jet up. Not the best because he doesn't stay still for more than a few seconds.
Thanks for the welcome Sara - I did get around to getting a clicker and he seems to respond well to it. I just need to train myself to juggle the hand signals, clicker, and treats ;)