It's Been A Whole Year!

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Today is the one year anniversary of the day we adopted Brody. There were many times I didn't think we'd make it, that we'd have given him away, or worse. It hasn't been easy, and I've made a ton of mistakes, but I've also learned so much. I just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all of you who have been so patient with me, answering all of my many, many questions and sharing your wisdom and experience. We still have a long way to go, but he has come so far in the past year, and I am hopeful that Brody will mature into a great dog.
DSC_0015.jpg

southerngirl

Honored Member
Time sure does fly by. It's always interesting to look back and see how far you've come with your dog. I know you have worked really hard with Brody and have made great progress. With you working with him he will continue to improve.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Agreed, time sure does fly! Feb. 26 will mark 4 years with River! I can't believe it! My very first dog. The first couple of years were a struggle. I remember holding on for dear life to his leash when certain people tried coming up to pet him and just trying to get him to calm down and not bolt down the street. Now I have the opposite problem I can't get him to stop going up to people! I can't complain though that is so much better! :)

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Agreed, time sure does fly! Feb. 26 will mark 4 years with River! I can't believe it! My very first dog. The first couple of years were a struggle. I remember holding on for dear life to his leash when certain people tried coming up to pet him and just trying to get him to calm down and not bolt down the street. Now I have the opposite problem I can't get him to stop going up to people! I can't complain though that is so much better! :)
I hope that will someday be our reality, too. Brody is such a loving dog with his family, and he has warmed up to a couple of my older kids' friends as well. He got all cuddly with one girl last weekend, and my daughter and I were nearly in tears, we were so pleased.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Hi Brody's Mum, I have missed most of your first year with Brody but from what I read you have done incredibly well (as has Brody) and I look forward to more communication with you in the he future and hopefully we can mutually help each other (and others) with our journeys with our dogs. Well done!

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Hi Brody's Mum, I have missed most of your first year with Brody but from what I read you have done incredibly well (as has Brody) and I look forward to more communication with you in the he future and hopefully we can mutually help each other (and others) with our journeys with our dogs. Well done!
Thanks so much. There definitely times when I didn't think we would make it to our one year anniversary, but I am so glad I stuck it out. He has been worth all the tears and training.