Is This Really True???

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
Ok, so my neighbor (Dog trainer) told me that these people have been going out and taking dogs from their yards. They just disappear. But that's not the worst part...

They use the dogs as bait in dog fights.

Have any of you heard of that????

:( :( :( I am so scared. I won't let Buddy out alone now... Thankfully it isn't in my city, but I am still REALLY worried... :(:cry::confused:

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
I have heard of that mentioned before, not in my area though but I have heard mention of it happening before.
Its sooo very sad that there are some people out there that would do that :(

I've also heard people steal dogs from gardens to sell aswell :( Never leave mine unattended in the garden

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
Yeah, and the sad part is that the one person they told me about, was gone for, like, 5 minutes. They left the dog out, came back, and she was gone. The police said that the lady would probably never see the dog again... :cry:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Yes, i've heard of this, too. MY dog was so so bloody, (still bleeding even) with wounds of all stages, old ones, new ones, all over him, nose to tail,
that when we first met him, the vet said he thought Buddy might have been a bait dog. Buddy was also emaciated and weak, could barely walk, just bones.

The bait dogs are usually kept at minimal level of strength, kept very very weak,too, almost always underfed,
so as not to injure the "champion" dog. The bait dogs are used to train the champion dog, and to keep champion dog "in the mood" and all, without the champion dog being injured.

Grossest thing in the world. Dog fighting seems to have lil pockets of areas where it is popular. Humans bet on the dogs, see, so there is money involved in this horrific enterprise. It is like gambling, with the added "thrill" of bloodlust.

Dlilly

Honored Member
My friend told me that people would use Beagles as bait dogs. :eek: :cry: I always thought bait dogs were the same breed as the fighting dogs…?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
nah, any breed can be a bait dog. Beagles are often extremely NOISY dogs, barking and baying all the time, and barkers may call att'n to the dog fighting training area, or even complaints from neighbors, if area is not remote enough....which is last thing the criminals want, is att'n to their area. Dog fighting is illegal in many countries.

A dog of most any breed, once malnourished and weak, can be a bait dog. The bait dog HAS TO be weak, they are focusing on the "champion" dog, and do not want the "champion" dog to get injured.

Anneke

Honored Member
I really can't see how anyone would consider animal fights a SPORT:mad: It makes me feel sick knowing how they train these dogs and what concequences it has...