Hola I'm New!

ppaniagua08

Hola!

I'm new to this site, but already in love! :o)
My name is Paige I spend my life with a 4 year old Border Collie named Diego AKA Digs & A 3 year old Chihuahua named Taquito AKA Taco :o) and we all live in the fun state of Ohio!

I rescued Digs from a high kill shelter in winter of 2007. He was less than a year old and they couldn’t give me much on his background but they did strongly think he was abused.

Digs is my shadow, unfortunately a little over protective...more so than I would like but over all a very good dog! He is a super quick to pick up new things.
He knows: Sit, shake, down, up (back to sitting) come, stay, take treat easy and will flip a dog biscuit off his nose and catch it.
While playing Frisbee he knows: Come around left come around right, come through (between my legs) touch, come easy, “can’t reach it” and stop in place.
While rollerblading: turn left, turn right, slow down, go faster.

My goal is to teach him some really detailed or complex tricks.
Taco is my little man! Born May 5 2008 (cinco de mayo) hence the name Taquito hahaha. He was hit by a car when he was about 2 and made a full recovery. Now that’s one strong Chihuahua! I really lucked out when I got Taco he is so nice to everyone and is perfect off leash.
Tricks he knows are: Sit, Shake, Down, Roll over, Dance, and take the treat easy……that’s about it. He gets a little too excited with treats and just keeps rolling over and over and over not a lot of focus with him. :oP

My goal is to teach him something cute

Well…that’s my life..

Hope everyone is having a good day! And I’m super happy I found this site!!

Thanks!

Paige Paniagua

Dodge

:love:wow,a very,very warm welcome to you! I have to say Digs has fallen onto all of his four paws to have found you to take care of him,wow well done(y)(y)(no wonder he s protective of you,he must think he landed in paradise owner land:LOL:)
Taco sounds like a cat (having 9 lives and all that,lol) giggle,only joking,sorry, I think you have got a super cute trick with him rolling over and over again:ROFLMAO:I would love to see that:ROFLMAO:
Looking forward to a chat and all of your updates,and piccies of course ;)

ppaniagua08

Well, Thank you very much for that amazing welcome! - :) I am also looking forward to get to read about your doggie! Looks like a cutee one ;)

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi and welcome to DTA. I think your dogs did indeed land in paradise, they sound like they have lots of fun! :) I live in Ca but have family in Ohio - nothing to do with dogs, just thought I'd throw that in. :LOL:

Jukes

Hi and welcome to the forums:)

I love border collie and am so glad another has joined, you're going to find loads of great tricks to teach them, some useful ones too like 'find the car keys';)
Can't wait for some more pics/videos of you super cute Taco and super intelligent Digs - who looks like a real cutie in the pic - loving the tongue and floppy ear - too cute:love:

GeorgiPeorgi

Hiii and Welcome! :D Your Border Collie looks so Gorgeous and I bet your Chihuahua is too :) Looking forward to seeing some Videos of your two lovelies :) x

ppaniagua08

*Everyone is so nice on here, made my day/night to get so many warm welcomes!!!*

Jackienmutts Thank you! Yeah, my pups live the high life. :o) – I deal a lot with CA in my job, but I’ve never been there. Ohio isn’t bad but there isn’t much to do.

Jukes – Aw! Thank you! I’m glad to meet another Border fan. :o) – I’ll be posting pics of Taco soon. And I’m really excited to make a video to post..eeeek! :oP

Sara – Thanks!! Impressive with 5 dogs, I think if I had a bigger yard I would have more doggie family members.. but the Hubby isn’t a huge dog fan..but he’ll just have to deal with it! Haha.

Yeah, fear aggression and being protective sounds like a trip! – Digs wont let anyone around me, but its gotten better with training, I still want him to protect me since I’m alone a lot but just at the right times!!
Mouse sounds hilarious! Very interesting about the LED light. & Scout sounds smart.
My firs dog was deaf, she was a purebred Dalmatian that was going to be put down, because she was deaf. Her name was Pongo! MY family took her in and she was by far the best dog ever! She knew all kinds of hand signals. She passed away at the age of 12 about 5 years ago. :o( She is a very fond memory. You never forget your first dog. Or any dog you own for that matter! :o)
Looking forward to hear more about all of your dogs! And very nice to meet you!

GeorgiPeorgi – Hello and thank you! Eddie is sooo cute! Amazed to see how many borders are on this site – I don’t know anyone "in person" who owns a border…nice to meet more of my kind! Likewise on the videos!