Hi, Jeannie Here.

jeanniecogan

Hi Im jeannie cogan, right now i have a jack russel mix and a beautiful doberman puppy (6 months). .

i have been dog and horse crazy all my life. i have bred , trained and showed for 35 years. i have been out of it, just having pets, for a while .

i am 70 years old, and the dobie is a handful, but always wanting to do right. i found this site and am going to look for some help with her. her name is Bonnie.:rolleyes:

Evie

Experienced Member
Hello and welcome!!!

I'm a horse owner too (as well as a dog lover obviously)

We'd love to see some pictures of Bonnie and your other dog :D

If you have any questions feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate area; we're a friendly bunch and will help as best we can :D

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome!:) I also ride, though haven't my own horses at present. Just join in, start a new thread with whatever questions you have, everyone is really friendly here and very helpful:D

jeanniecogan

I bred dogs mostly, showed afghans, poodles , cockers, irish setters, and pomeranians. i loved them all. and we had a lot of fun. i produced a couple arabs.

one funny story i took my first dobie to a match. a large match. she was just a pet, purchased from a pet shop. i stood around very self conscious because i knew nothing about dobies. she was 5 months old. there were 27 dobies at that match. she won the breed. then with 25 working dogs in the group, she won that too. i walked away shocked. i never showed her again. how much better could we do than that. well, i found out later that i could have probably finished her , it was a time when none of the dobies had all their molars and she did. She was a beauty though. a red.

right now i ride a gaited horse. i have reached the arthritis stage and have severe spinal arthritis. i can ride better than walk. i will try to get some pics and put them on. thanks for the welcome.