Hi Im Matt

Mattndude

Hi im matt and i have a little poodle. He is just a puppy and actually belonged to my brother who recently passed away. He is a beautiful little boy and i want him to be the best he can be. He is very smart but im afraid im not so mch lol. (when it comes to training dogs anyway.) Im here to see if i can get some tips so i can give my little boy DUDE the best future possible. Any help or tips from anyone would be very much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Dioritt

Hi Matt. I also have a poodle - a miniature. That's him in the picture. He's 16 months now and coming along lovely. Poodle's are so intelligent that you have to be on the ball with them because you can so easily teach them things you'd rather they not do, without even realising you're doing it. But boy are they fun! I'm sure you've got years of fun ahead of you with your lad. Sorry that your brother passed away, but perhaps training your pup and raising him to be the best dog he can be will be a great way of homouring your brother.

What's your pup's name and do you have any photos of him?

southerngirl

Honored Member

Dogster

Honored Member
Hi and welocme to DTA!!!!!;) We'd LOVE to see some more pics of your pup!!! He sure looks cute!!!! Have fun on the site!!!!:D

Mattndude

Thankyou everyone for being so welcoming. I think ive found where i need to be as far as training my boy Dude goes. Ive taken a few pics of him this morning after his bath and run in the park. He has so much energy and is just hilarious when he is having fun. Im going down today to get my clicker and i will keep everyone updated for sure. Thanks again everyone..... maybe its true what they say, animal lovers are the nicest people :)
puppy dog 001.JPG
puppy dog 001.JPG

Attachments

Dioritt

Mattndude

OMG! He's so adorable. He's going to make a wonderful companion.

I've found that the best clickers are this type, simply because you can have them around your wrist the whole time, they're very easy to click and you can even have them on the floor and click with your foot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puppy-Button-Dog-Pet-Cat-Click-Clicker-Training-Trainer-Aid-Wrist-Strap-Guide-/271033872470?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f1ae0b056

Do keep us updated on Dude's progress. How old is he?
He is about 5 and 1/2 months now

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Welcome, Matt. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's very good of you to take in Dude during what must be a hard time for you.

Clickers are a great training tool, but you don't have to have a clicker to train. Training also doesn't have to be a big, time consuming project -- every little reward for our dogs (walks, affection, food) is a mini training opportunity, so training can be part of your daily life rather than a daily task, if that makes sense.

There are lots of great threads with advice on many things on the board, but please post as often as you like with any little question you have. Again, welcome!

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome Matt, so sorry to hear of your loss, but thank you so much for taking in Dude.

He's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!:love::love:

You've definitely found the right place, this forum is fantastic. Everyone is very friendly and the advice given is really awesome.

Jump in and join in and ask questions. We're all here to help you.

Glad you're getting a clicker, they make training so easy.

Have fun and again, thank you for taking in Dude, he's in good hands.:)

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi Matt, and welcome to you and Dude (love his name!). You're def in the right place, we'll be here for you and Dude and make sure you're always heading in the right direction. Thanks for taking in Dude, and I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. As Dioritt (Sharon) said above, taking in Dude and helping him to be the best "little dude" he can be is a wonderful way to honor your brother. There are loads of great people on here who will be more than willing to help, we all use positive reinforcement - and we're a pretty friendly bunch. :cool:

Join in any discussion, don't be afraid to ask questions, and do peruse lots of threads and subjects, there are lots of threads on training. Most of all, have fun - Dude will be doing load of tricks in no time!