"hi" From Richo The Spoodle! :)

slimbek

Hello all,
I thought I'd join this forum as I've learned a lot from reading all the posts, and had a few questions myself!

My wife and I are based in Australia and have an 8 month old Spoodle called 'Richo'. He's our first dog and we love it... so fun!

He already know just over different 30 commands and we hope to learn a lot more about teaching him some new great tricks!

Thanks

Attachments

Evie

Experienced Member
Welcome!!!!

We're aussie too :D

This forum is fantastic and all of the people are so friendly and helpful. Do post any questions/problems you may be having and i'm sure someone on here will be more than happy to help!

Oh and, we love pictures. MORE PICTURES PLEASE!! (y) richo is a bit of a cutie :love:

Great work on the 30 commands. What sort of things are these? Is Richo clicker trained?

Welcome welcome welcome!

Hope you enjoy this forum as much as the rest of us do :p

MaryK

Honored Member
I too live in Australia. Richo is a real CUTIE:love: He sure knows a lot of tricks, that's totally awesome:)(y) Please let us know his list of tricks.

Evie's already asked if you use a clicker. If you don't then may I suggest you get one right away - the power of the clicker is totally awesome! You'll find loads of videos on this site to help in training with a clicker.

Welcome:) , everyone is so friendly, you're in the right place. We're all willing to help where ever we can. I've had loads of really excellent advice and help here. You never stop learning.

Dogster

Honored Member
WELCOME!!!:D This site is GREAT, hope you'll enjoy being a member!!!(y)

Hey, another Aussie!!!:) Richo is ADORABLE!!!!!:love::love: LOVE the pic!!!:love: What commands/tricks does he know??

southerngirl

Honored Member
What a cutie!! I've never heard of a Spoodle, what kind of mix is it?
That's great that you've already taught him 30 commands. You'll find a lot of inspiration here and every time after you get off you'll want to train your dog.

slimbek

Thanks all,
He is a bit of a teddy bear... especially when he had his puppy coat all through winter - most thought he looked straight out of the Muppets!

We haven't been using a Clicker, but will probably look for one this weekend. I think we are starting more complicated commands so a clicker will come in useful.

What tricks? Basic stuff really... and a lot of commands rather than tricks, so we can really just talk him through his day:
- sit, stay, lie down, rollover, up, speak, come, hi-5, shake hands, outside, inside, bed time, on your bed, hurry up (toilet), let's go, dinner time, stop, in the car, away, okay, get your ball/bone/toy etc.
I can't remember the rest! :)

Now we want to go further like: play dead, weave, spins etc. and improve his loose-leash walking.

I'll upload a few more pics here tonight.

slimbek

What a cutie!! I've never heard of a Spoodle, what kind of mix is it?
That's great that you've already taught him 30 commands. You'll find a lot of inspiration here and every time after you get off you'll want to train your dog.
Spoodle is a cross Cockerspaniel/Poodle.
We're not sure which is dominating yet! He's very smart, but sure loves to play... apparently the Spaniel in him will love the water but we haven't had much experience with that yet through winter.

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA!

Here we call them Cockerpoo's LOL I was seriously confused by Spoodle too LOL It was so much easier when people actually just used the names of the breeds they're crossed with! Oh well, I guess we all need to change with the times :cautious:. I grew up with a Springer x Cocker... but apparently now, they're called "Sprockers" O_o

Poodles are water dogs too (well they started out that way) so he should definitely be a water dog, but he might need help learning to like the water. there's a thread on here somewhere about getting your dog to like water :)

Honored Member
Richo is very cute.

We call a spaniel x poodle a Spoodle in New Zealand too.
I met a black and white Spoodle puppy today at the park, they are very cute.

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks all,
He is a bit of a teddy bear... especially when he had his puppy coat all through winter - most thought he looked straight out of the Muppets!

We haven't been using a Clicker, but will probably look for one this weekend. I think we are starting more complicated commands so a clicker will come in useful.

What tricks? Basic stuff really... and a lot of commands rather than tricks, so we can really just talk him through his day:
- sit, stay, lie down, rollover, up, speak, come, hi-5, shake hands, outside, inside, bed time, on your bed, hurry up (toilet), let's go, dinner time, stop, in the car, away, okay, get your ball/bone/toy etc.
I can't remember the rest! :)

Now we want to go further like: play dead, weave, spins etc. and improve his loose-leash walking.

I'll upload a few more pics here tonight.
He's adorable:love:

You can easily get i-clicks online at e-bay Australia. The lady who sells them is really good, fast postage and will send color you request. Plus they have a free wrist band which is very useful. Clickers are awesome! You'll be amazed at just how quickly Richo responds.

That's one very impressive list for a youngsters!(y):D

MaryK

Honored Member
I LOVE your pics too!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love: OMD Richo is like a big cuddly teddy bear he's just toooooooooooooo cute for words:love:

Great glad you're ordering the i-click, you''ll love using it and so will Richo! I see a whole load of new tricks coming up soon. Don't forget any questions you have everyone will help here:)