Hey!

2SpoiledAussies

So I'm new here, sorta... I've watched these forums all summer. You guys are a great group of people. I have 2 5 year old Miniature Austrailian Shepherds, Hannah and Toby. I took them through beginning obedience classes when they were puppies. This summer I found this site and decided to train again. They've come so far. Toby excels in training, where it is harder for Hannah. Between the 2, they do Cross Paws, Bow, Leg Weaves, Close Doors, Drawers and Cabinets, Say your Prayers, Pull/Help me up, Figure 8s, Crawl, and many more. We use Bil Jac, Cat Food, Hot Dogs and Cheese as treats. We have quite a few difficulties, so I decided it was time to join.

Also, I know you guys love pictures, but it is very difficult to get any on from an iPad and I don't have much computer access, so it won't be too often I post pictures

Dlilly

Honored Member
Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join our discussions. =)

What exactly are you having trouble with?? . As you probably know, the members on this site have fantastic advice! :D

I have to say, that's one impressive trick list! Those tricks are pretty advanced!

2SpoiledAussies

Thanks! They just love to work on their tricks!

Toby is dog aggressive while on leash, but we are working on that from Jean's book. Hannah has problems going under my legs for Figure 8s or Leg Weaves, and I don't understand why. I have been using touch (with 2 finger) to teach them this. She is very good at the touch when not under my legs, but she seems to get confused when she's under me. And I can't get them to hold an object. They will grab onto something, but won't hold it.

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!:) Glad you decided to join!! We don't bite;) (Well, most of us don't:p ) That's a pretty impressive trick list!!!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Welcome! My aussie has the same problem with holding things, I can't get him to do it at all. Maybe its just not their nature to want to hold things. Let me know if you figure something out. You'll find a lot of help from this site.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! It's great to see a long-time reader turn into an active member. :D If there is anything that we can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask! Helping is what makes this community fun and exciting. ;)

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome to D.T.A Must say you have a very impressive trick list:)(y)

Just jump in and ask questions, people here are very friendly and very, very helpful.