Help Pls, Runs With Mucus And Blood

jewels1

JEWELS WAS FINE TILL GAVE HER CHICKEN, BROTH, RICE AND PEANUT BUTTER IN HER KONG YESTERDAY. TODAY SHE HAS HAD THE RUNS ALL DAY, EARLIER WITH SOME MUCUS NOW WITH BLOOD... IS IT JUST IRRITATION?? GOD I FEEL SO BAD, I HAVEN'T FED HER TODAY BECAUSE OF IT,,, PLS HELP.:msncry:

bellapup

From what I've heard, it can be something as simple as having swallowed a bone that irritated her insides, to something more serious like a parasite. I would recommend taking a sample of her stool to the vet, that's probably not something you want to wonder about.

Hope that helps, and good luck with Jewels.

snooks

Experienced Member
I answered ur PM too.

Here's a copy of that

Calm down it's probably an infection, worms, or change of food. All puppies get worms and all need deworming sometimes more than once so don't freak about that. Don't feed her anything else until you see the vet or talk with them and ask should you feed her and keep lots of water handy for her to drink. Did u call the vet? And if not there is a small animal emergency clinic open all night in most towns the vets trade off. Call ur vet and see if there is a number for emergencies. if there is call it and ask if u should bring her in. they might be worried since shes a puppy if she's getting enuf fluid if she's got diarrhea. My puppy has been thru this several times and she's been fine. but to be sure I would call and talk with them. explain if it's hard to afford or hard to get there and see if they have advice based on her symptoms. if u have a rectal thermometer or can sacrafice ur human one see what her temperature is. 100-102 is normal. If she has a fever they'll probably want to see her but she probably won't. Mine usually don't with this type of thing. Sometimes if their tummies are upset they get natural gut bacteria growth---similar to a yeast infection which humans get because we have yeast in out bodies naturally. Being a little under the weather or tired or many things can cause the bacteria to get over balanced and it's easily treatable with some safe antibiotics. If they try to give u science diet to feed her just ask if you can do baked chicken and and really well cooked white rice. The less changes to her tummy the better.

Getting off the beneful may be making her a little sicky because it was so much sugar and corn and crap. It really is like detoxing. The science diet is more corn and crap so don't prolong that feeling. Get ur skinless chicken and bake it for her and overcook some white rice, some chicken broth low sodium, no fat, no msg might help be sure she gets some nice fluids if u make her a small soup dinner if the vet thinks that's okay. if they have u feed her a bland chicken diet a few days I wouldn't go back to the beneful transition. just slowly add in ur evo to the chicken and decrease chicken over a few days. If she doesn't eat beneful for a few days and has some antibiotics on board then some better nutrition would be a better energy boost for her body.

Get a sample of her latest poop if u go and take it in. They can also take samples there. Best if really recent preferably less than 2 hours old and not refrigerated.

my email is in the PM, send me and email after you find some stuff out if u need help. this happens with puppies-it's nothing you did. if her tummy's upset still no big deal. I'll keep an eye on my email okay?? let me know if u need some help finding a late vet okay? Hang in there.

Laurie