Hello

Hi. I'm in England. My dog, Bella is a Border Collie Cross. She is 3 years old and was 8 months when I rescued her. I have got very involved in dog training. We do Obedience, Rally, Agility, Flyball, Heelwork to music and Trick training. She has her Bronze, Silver and Gold Good Citizen Awards, and her Novice and Intermediate Trick Titles. We also enter quite a few Companion and fun dog shows. She is my best friend.

image.jpg

southerngirl

Honored Member
Welcome. Bella(there's another Border Collie named Bella on here) sounds like she is a very smart girl and lucky to have so many sports to keep her busy. I hope you stick around and feel free to jump in on threads and post your own.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA! Sounds like she has a lot of fun! And it sounds like she has a great owner to have fun with! :)

Welcome. Bella(there's another Border Collie named Bella on here) sounds like she is a very smart girl and lucky to have so many sports to keep her busy. I hope you stick around and feel free to jump in on threads and post your own.
Thank you very much for the welcome. There are a lot if dogs called Bella, which isn't surprising really, as it means beautiful !!! All the activities have been great for her and me. The social side of them is great, not to mention the stimulation.

Welcome to DTA! Sounds like she has a lot of fun! And it sounds like she has a great owner to have fun with! :)
Thank you for the welcome. Bella is such a lovely dog and responds so well to any new challenge. We definitely do have a lot of fun together. We're off to a day of fun training today.

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome, albeit a bit belated:) Bella sure lives up to her name, she's beautiful. Love BC's they're just great dogs!

Sounds like you both have a ball:D

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hi, I see you haven't been back to the forums. I would love to hear about your's and Bella's experiences of dog sports a few videos of her would be cool to watch.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Hi. I'm in England. My dog, Bella is a Border Collie Cross. She is 3 years old and was 8 months when I rescued her. I have got very involved in dog training. We do Obedience, Rally, Agility, Flyball, Heelwork to music and Trick training. She has her Bronze, Silver and Gold Good Citizen Awards, and her Novice and Intermediate Trick Titles. We also enter quite a few Companion and fun dog shows. She is my best friend.

View attachment 2779
I don't know how I missed this before, but welcome to the DTA. I hope you have time to read some posts, ask questions, and answer some as well. From the sound of it, you are a very skilled trainer, so I'm sure you have lots to share with some of us who are newer to dog training. Congratulations on all those medals and titles.

I don't know how I missed this before, but welcome to the DTA. I hope you have time to read some posts, ask questions, and answer some as well. From the sound of it, you are a very skilled trainer, so I'm sure you have lots to share with some of us who are newer to dog training. Congratulations on all those medals and titles.
Hi. I wouldn't say I'm a very skilled trainer, but I've learnt a lot over the time I've had Bella and am lucky to have such an intelligent dog. There is still so much more to learn!! She now has her advanced trick title and has also been quite successful at the fun and companion shows we've been to lately. We have just begun to look at competitive obedience, and may try a couple of beginners competitions later in the year.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Hi. I wouldn't say I'm a very skilled trainer, but I've learnt a lot over the time I've had Bella and am lucky to have such an intelligent dog. There is still so much more to learn!! She now has her advanced trick title and has also been quite successful at the fun and companion shows we've been to lately. We have just begun to look at competitive obedience, and may try a couple of beginners competitions later in the year.
Have you seen the Trick Challenge on this forum? We have already done "stand tall back to back", and "limp". Yesterday we started a new one, "crawl". You can do forward or backward or both, or if you have already done those, there is a third option of a chain behavior that includes those. Anyone can join, and it's all good fun. Just trying to keep each other motivated to work with our dogs on a regular basis, no pressure. We'd love you to pop in if even just to share how you trained Bella to do some of the tricks, even if you are not interested in the challenge itself. Some of us have hit some road blocks and could use the advice of an a experienced trick trainer like you.