Hello

Crash

I am in arizona and have been enjoying the time i spend training simple tricks with duke my german shepherd but i would like to try out some search and rescue training with him. I have had little luck finding any resources.on the matter i even lookex cor a professional trainer. In this little town we live in there is no one for hundreds of miles to assist me anyone have any suggestions on where to go to vet started.

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
I have never trained SAR and not being from AZ I have no idea, but I wanted to welcome you and say I am sure someone will be along shortly to help! Feel free to post some pics and tell us a bit about what Duke knows while you wait...

southerngirl

Honored Member
Welcome. Does Duke already know how to find objects, treats, or people? If not I can tell you how to teach him to, because I taught my dog to find my siblings. If he doesn't know this you can teach it to him yourself while your looking for a group who does SAR training. Good Luck.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!! I think there are some SAR dog owners here, who hopefully will spot this and get you pointed in right direction! BEST OF LUCK!!

In meantime, continuing to teach your dog tricks is GREAT way to learn what motivates your dog, how he best learns things, and hones your own ability to train!!