hello

harleymom

Nice to be here. I have 3 shelties, all neutered males, ages 5, 3, and 10 months and a 15 yr old female westie. The 5 yr old is my service dog and really loves his job. The 3 yr old is mister mellow and just goes with the flow. The 10 month old is a terror and the reason I am here. Harley is very smart and had a low tolerance for boredom. He comes from working herding dogs on both sides for several generations so it is necessary to keep him busy! I look forward to meeting all of you and your dogs

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome! Herding breeds, especially from working stock, take LOTS of work and exercise. Physical and mental stimulation is crucial. Use the tips here in the forum and the classroom to help keep him mentally stimulated. Good luck to you and enjoy the site!

harleymom

.I have to say, Harley is not at all like any sheltie i have ever had. He is the bounces of the wall type so I am looking forward to ideas to keep him busy. thanks

shaktishiloh

harleymom;13208 said:
Nice to be here. I have 3 shelties, all neutered males, ages 5, 3, and 10 months and a 15 yr old female westie. The 5 yr old is my service dog and really loves his job. The 3 yr old is mister mellow and just goes with the flow. The 10 month old is a terror and the reason I am here. Harley is very smart and had a low tolerance for boredom. He comes from working herding dogs on both sides for several generations so it is necessary to keep him busy! I look forward to meeting all of you and your dogs
Welcome Harleymom! :) You have a nice pack there! :) We just joined too. We're looking forward to getting to know you too! :)