Hello Im Alex.

artsman

Hello Im Alex, and my dog is Shadow also know as scoby.
His 5 years old and I know him sense his been a year old. I love the sherperd as a breed and this dog is my all time conection to dog spelled backwards. I was born in Hungary and been livingv here inhj the states all my life.
scoby doo 039.JPG

artsman

Hello. Thanks for the nice note . No I have not trained shadow yet , but are now wanting to. I wish to spend qualaty time with him , and trainig is one on one I think if I do it right hge will enjoy it as I . Nice pictures of Shivon. The one in the center is my favorite. Beautifull shape shivon has and colors spectecular. I love photos.
alex
Welcome!!!! Great looking dog you have there!!!!!!:D Here on DTA, we love to train tricks!!! Do you teach Shadow tricks???:)

Dioritt

Welcome from me, too. Shadow is absolutely gorgeous so I'm not at all surprised that you're so obviously proud of him.

I'm sure you'll find that training him will open up a whole new world for both of you. Dogs love learning new things and it's thrilling for us owners to see how well they'll work for us. It creates a very special bond so it'll definitely improve the quality of the time you spend together. There's lots of sound advice on the forums here, covering everything from basic use of a clicker (have you heard of clicker training?) and how to get your dog to walk nicely on the lead to advanced tricks and fun things to do together.

Do you have more photos of Shadow. I adore GSDs. Would love one myself but I don't have enough room for such a big dog in my little house.

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome Shadow and Alex:) . I absolutely adore GSDs always had one and now have a X breed GS.:love: Shadow is beautiful and I can see why you're so proud of him.:love:

Teaching tricks is great fun, dogs love the interaction with you and my boy just cannot wait to train each day.

Do use a clicker, it's amazing just how much difference it makes to just using treats, the dogs really connect with it.

I'm sure you'll love this forum, we're all very friendly, and do ask questions if you need help. Everyone will help you. Plus check out the trick threads, loads of ideas there which I am sure Shadow and you will enjoy learning.

Have fun!:D

artsman

Hello.
Thank you you so much for your supportive letter. Its nice knowing that animal lovers all around can conect trough these remarkable Godly creaters. Im falling in love all over with this dog in a way that is more dept . When I stare at him for a perioud i see more than what normaly I see . the creature that he is , so different from me yet in the same room , and not wanting to be somewher else . Wow what a yunique conection , and for how deep it runs.
Im an ex fireman , no doubt that shadow would run in to the fire if i was there . I would do the same . With gear of course. I value all life forms more because I know shadow...
Alex...

MaryK

Honored Member
Hello.
Thank you you so much for your supportive letter. Its nice knowing that animal lovers all around can conect trough these remarkable Godly creaters. Im falling in love all over with this dog in a way that is more dept . When I stare at him for a perioud i see more than what normaly I see . the creature that he is , so different from me yet in the same room , and not wanting to be somewher else . Wow what a yunique conection , and for how deep it runs.
Im an ex fireman , no doubt that shadow would run in to the fire if i was there . I would do the same . With gear of course. I value all life forms more because I know shadow...
Alex...
Alex I understand just how you feel about Shadow and all animals. They really do connect us to higher values, teach us lessons and are a sheer joy to be around.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi and welcome!! So good have another GSD lover here!! I love all dogs, but there's just something about GSs, I've had them for so long, all mine have been rescues, and they hold a very special place in my heart. :love: Your boy is very beautiful! Can't wait to talk with you more, and hope you get into trick training, he'll just love it!! He'll probably even teach you some!! :LOL:
Feel free to browse around all the areas of the forum and just jump into any discussion or ask any questions, we're a friendly bunch and will help as much as we can.

artsman

Hi and welcome!! So good have another GSD lover here!! I love all dogs, but there's just something about GSs, I've had them for so long, all mine have been rescues, and they hold a very special place in my heart. :love: Your boy is very beautiful! Can't wait to talk with you more, and hope you get into trick training, he'll just love it!! He'll probably even teach you some!! :LOL:
Feel free to browse around all the areas of the forum and just jump into any discussion or ask any questions, we're a friendly bunch and will help as much as we can.

Thank you. Its funny how humans get along when speaking the same language. Or tone of voice , or intrest, such as our conection , dogs. I ageree about learning from our animal friends things wed dont get from others of our kind. but thats the beauty of it. Dogs are hard vired into God , their conection is switch free, but ours is not. We can walk away from good , dogs newer do. That is why they know from a distance , who is who , and who is not good. As you I love all dogs , but the shepard holds a place that is reserved in my hearth as a hero dog. Fearless competetor for good , with a nearly human hearth, bursting with love afection and dependable comited devotion. Gee if only I was that good. alex.

Dogster

Honored Member
Hello. Thanks for the nice note . No I have not trained shadow yet , but are now wanting to. I wish to spend qualaty time with him , and trainig is one on one I think if I do it right hge will enjoy it as I . Nice pictures of Shivon. The one in the center is my favorite. Beautifull shape shivon has and colors spectecular. I love photos.
alex
Thank you!!!!:)

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Alex, I so agree with everything you've said. I can tell how much you love your sweet boy, and how much love and respect in your heart you have for dogs, and GSs in particular. Can't wait to get to know more about you and Shadow. I think you'll find a lot of great people here on the forum, please feel free to participate in any discussions, and if you need help with any trick training (or anything else too) with Shadow, please ask, and we'll be happy to help you.

MaryK

Honored Member
Alex, I so agree with everything you've said. I can tell how much you love your sweet boy, and how much love and respect in your heart you have for dogs, and GSs in particular. Can't wait to get to know more about you and Shadow. I think you'll find a lot of great people here on the forum, please feel free to participate in any discussions, and if you need help with any trick training (or anything else too) with Shadow, please ask, and we'll be happy to help you.
I agree with everything Alex has said and Jackie as you know I'm a huge GS lover too. I knew you'd be very happy to have another GS person on the forum.

They are one very special breed they hold a very special spot in my heart too:love: