Hello I Am New Here I Am The Proud Owner Of A 4 Year Old Gsd And A 13 Week Old Havanese Puppy.

abby_someone

Wow, welcome to DTA. I have seen you in different threads, I can't imagine why your intro got overlooked. I am learning a lot here as well! I couldn't believe there was all this information and knowledge in one place!

Isi Havanese

Thank you soo much, I had been feeling a bit overlooked here. U r right I am learning a lot. Your dog is so cute! I think I seen you in another thread too. What breed is he again, I think everyone started calling the breed by intials. What part of the world are you from? I live in SW Ohio, U.S. I think since I dont have any pics posted it makes me less interesting. I can't figure out how to get my blackberry photos on my computer system. We just purchased a digital camera and I haven't figured that out yet either. Once a post some of the handsome pics of my GSD and the adorable golden teddie bear looking pics of my Havanese baby I think some people will post to me. Also the Havanese was just taken off the rare breed registry they fought hard to get them accepted into the UKC-AKC etc.. They are a toy breed that once people find out how stable non-barking good with kids and even big digs, cats, strangers and they don't shake they will catch on fast. I am wanting to breed them while they are still a good sound healthy dog and too many BYB have not got a hold of them and ruin this breed like they do so many ohters. I like the well kept secret breeds that are delightful and not everyone knows that yet. I think you said yours is an Aussie? Is that right. His colors are beautiful. I will always love the larger breeds. Like my German Shepherd, he is great but the praticality of owning a large dog in the subaurbs without a fence has made owning him and keeping him happy and healthy quite a challenge. I grew up having German Shepherds in the family. But they didn't know then what we know now about how to properly care for a pet or children for that matter!LOL. Anyways thans again I do appreciate it. I had forgot my password and was off line a few days. LOL AGAIN!

abby_someone

I had wondered what happened to you! Glad to see you back;).

I am a big dog person too, but here I am with a mini Aussie! My mom had a wonderful, beautiful GSD that I just adored, and I had a gorgeous Great Dane. I have to agree, having a big dog is a lot more work. My lifestyle has changed so much since I got my Dane that a smaller dog seemed like a better fit.

Havanese dogs are neat looking, I can't wait to see a pic! Sometimes I email myself a pic from my Blackberry and then save it to my computer when I don't have the cable. That is how I get most of my BB pictures on my computer, I am most often too lazy to transfer the proper way LOL!

Anyhow, I apologize that you somehow got overlooked O_o. Everyone here has been extremely nice and knowledgeable since my time here. I am doubtful that it is your lack of pictures. Perhaps lots of people posted at the same time and you just got bumped? I have seen you on a couple of threads too.

I have to stop this post, my new puppy has turned into a neurotic bundle of energy :eek:!!! TTYL!

Isi Havanese

That is quite alright. I have necer heard of a mini Aussie I will check them out on line. I thought I was pretty up on my dog breeds so I am surprised that their is a mini breed I had not come across in my research. Again thank you so much!

abby_someone

Hehe, they come in toy too! I only heard of them because a client's daughter had started breeding them and I saw a puppy and fell in love:love::love::love:! After do tons of research, and waiting 2 years, I finally picked out that <------ little guy.

Isi Havanese

OMG, I checked them out on line they are soo beautiul and CUUUUTE:p! I can see why you fell in love and it is funny to me now that u said you had to go because he was going into a neurotic bundle of energy, that is exactly what they said about them, well not in those words, but who cares, how adorable! Perfect for you is what matters!:D

abby_someone

Well.....I thought they were perfect, but.....I totally forgot about puppy behavior!! It has been a LOOOOOONG time since I have had a puppy. I wonder what I was thinking LOL! He needs to burn off some energy, but I can't take him off my property until he is at least 12 weeks old and has his next round of shots because the vet is concerned about Parvo in the area. He will be 12 weeks on the 24th, so, I hope that I can be walking him a little more to burn off some excess energy!

I love the idea of a silky soft coat like the Havanese. None of my dogs have ever been silky. The Havanese really are cute little doggies!