Hello from Sydney!

denise chee

Experienced Member
Hello fellow pet lovers =)

Mercie's a gorgeous 8 week old Cavoodle who's been living with us for 3 days now. We're in the process of crate training her and just enjoying her cuddly goodness. Hopefully will clicker train her in the future, but am debating whether she's too young??

Peace out from aussie!

Evie

Experienced Member
Welcome to the forum!!!

Never too young to clicker train - so great to see a new puppy owner joining the forum so quickly :p

8 weeks is a brilliant time to start, just keep the sessions short (a couple of minutes is plenty for a puppy) so that Mercie doesnt lose interest. As she gets older, more attentive and interested you will be able to increase the time you train for.

Do we get some pictures? :D

We do love pictures...

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi and welcome! Evie is right, now is the time to start that baby on clicker training, and it will go beautifully! There are loads of threads on how-to, if you need some help, and you can also ask questions, we love puppies! I'd also advise getting that baby into a puppy pre-school class if you can (yes, at this age, even tho all shots are not complete). Now is the time for puppy-preschool and good socialization to begin/continue. And pictures - we love pictures!! :love: Good work on the crate training. Give you baby a big smooch from us!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Absolutely Evie is right. It's never to young to start training a young puppy. Use the clicker training, never use harsh words, actions or anything other than click/treat. Also agree with Jackiemutts, puppy pre-school is great for both your little one and you'll have loads of fun too. Please post pictures - although I guess maybe you haven't had time yet:D.
Don't forget to start toilet training either, the quicker you start, the faster she'll learn. Never leave a baby too long, they have small bladders/bowls and just CANNOT wait:)

Enjoy all the cuddles, (((((HUGS)))))) to little Mercie:X3:

Dogster

Honored Member
GREAT advice above. And yes, we LOVE pics!!!!:love: Hope you do come back and stick around!!! And please tell us how your pup is doing!!!

Puppylove

Welcome to DTA! Love to see a photo of Mercie.. I bet she's gorgeous.. Where in Sydney are you from? I'm in Sydney too... There are a few Aussies on DTA..