Hello From N. Florida

kimkats000

I have a wonderful American Bulldog named Bas (Boss). He is 5 months 2 weeks old. He weighs in at just under 50 lbs. His dad was 110 and mom was 85 so we are hoping for a monster!

He is a wonderful dog! He loves his kitties and new people!

He is smart and learning every day. It is fun to watch his see something new and figure out what it is and what he can do to "help". He is great at carrying a hammer!

Kim

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome to D.T.A.!!!!!!!!!!:) Bas sounds like a really wonderful boy and he's going to be a real monster if Mom and Dad's sizes are any indication!!!!!!!!!!

Please post photos, we just love to see pics of doggies. Jump in, and above all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome!!! Welcome!!!:) Wow, it sounds like Bas is going to be BIG!!!!:eek: We would love to see some photos of Bas!! Enjoy the site!!!:D

Mutt

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA!
Bas looks like a fun "little" fellow.
I'm not really that familiar with AB's, but he's a scotty (standard) right?

kimkats000

They are not a very common breed. It was hard for find a GOOD breeder so we ended up traveling a few hours to get him.

I am not sure what you mean by "scotty (standard)".

He is a blast to be around for sure. We spend more time laughing at him than any other dog we have every had. He loves to make us laugh too. He will repeat what he just did to see if we will laugh again! SMART doggy!

Kim

Mutt

Experienced Member
Here they are very common and popular (though often not purebred and a mix of bulldogs or with the stafford), sadly there are hardly good breeders.

There is a big difference within the breed when it comes to appearance.
However there are 3 types:
Johnson (Classic) type or "Bully"

Scott (Standard) type

Hybrid (a mix between the standard and classic type)

kimkats000

THANKS! Yes I would say Scott (standard) for sure. He is papered but we did not send them in or ask for the breedline in writing. He is to be a family dog and neutered at 6 months so.......................