Hello Everyone!

Dlyteful

Hello, just wanted to take a second to introduce myself and my pup Layla. My girl is a 10 month old American pit bull terrier mix. We are excited to find this forum and look forward to adding some tricks and strengthening her obedience with the ideas and techniques here.

Thank you!

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome:D Just ADORE Pitties or mixes of them:love: Cannot have one where I live:cry:

You're sure in the right place to learn new tricks, find help if you need it and have fun:D Everyone here is very friendly and really give great advice when it's needed.

Check out the Trick Threads and also we have a "Trick Challenge", the last one was using an Easy Button, which Jean sets up about once a week. Great fun, so do join in!:D(y)

Do post lots of pics of Layla she looks ADORABLE and we all LOVE pics of dogs:love::D

Dlyteful

Thank you for the welcome MaryK. My girl is such a sweetie I don't understand banning the breed. all we can do is work to prove them wrong! Me and my girl do lots of photo shoots so their will be plenty of pics posted!

MaryK

Honored Member
Layla looks a real sweetie:love: So looking forward to more photos:D(y)

I was horrified when I arrived here to find out that Pitties, or Crosses or dogs who just looked like them, would be taken away and 'disposed of' (their words not mine) for no other reason that they were Pitties!:mad: Totally banned!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I've known several and found every single one to be sweet, loyal, faithful, friendly and loving! Sure if they did bite it would be a decent bite, but hey train the dog properly and you couldn't get a more loving dog. Besides, heaps of other dogs bite too - Chihuahuas sure can even though their bite is a lot smaller it still hurts like mad!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially on the ankles! Shades of one who lived not far from me! Still painfully remembered!:rolleyes::eek:

Yes I do all I can to help promote and educate people about the breed. Ra Kismet's FaceBook page has a lot of posts about how good Pitties are etc. And sad stories about the dreadful BLS legislation!

Dlyteful

Yes it is how you raise them. And you are right little dog bites hurt too! But they never make the news. Thanks for taking the time to support the breed instead of just assume the media is right about them. I use to think all dog lovers would see thought it. But just the other day a lady walking 3 little dogs stopped dead in her tracks and ran across the street when Layla and I came out my front door...I was so shocked and offended. I could not believe it.

I'll check out Ra Kismets Facebook page. Thanks Mary!

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes it is how you raise them. And you are right little dog bites hurt too! But they never make the news. Thanks for taking the time to support the breed instead of just assume the media is right about them. I use to think all dog lovers would see thought it. But just the other day a lady walking 3 little dogs stopped dead in her tracks and ran across the street when Layla and I came out my front door...I was so shocked and offended. I could not believe it.

I'll check out Ra Kismets Facebook page. Thanks Mary!
Thank you. Anything you come across supporting Pit Bulls, let me know, because I'll post it.

That's awful about the lady stopping dead in her tracks. I too would have been shocked and offended, hard to credit.

You're right though, sadly other dog lovers don't feel that love towards the Pitties. It's so tough on the owners.

I was on the beach once, cold weather when I love to go. Just stopped off for a quiet read, didn't have my dogs with me. Laying on my stomach reading when I felt and sensed a dog right close. Looked up and saw the most beautiful Pitbull boy (LOL could see that from my position), tail madly wagging, big grin on his face. A little behind him another beautiful girl, tail wagging but just a tad more reserved and racing up the beach, red faced and calling out 'they're friendly' was the owner. Poor chap was so alarmed and asked me 'do you know they're Pit Bulls?". I was already hugging both dogs by the time he got to me (and being 'mugged' Pittie style:D) and told him that of course I knew they were Pitties. He couldn't believe I wasn't TERRIFIED!!!!!!!! He'd had so many incidents such as your one, he was getting paranoid about his two lovely dogs greeting people. He thought he was alone and 'safe' as he hadn't seen me tucked away in a corner of the beach. Sad he only felt he could let two beautiful dogs have a free run when no one else was on the beach. They were Mother and Son and just soooooooooooooo lovely:love::love:(y):D That didn't happen here where I live at present of course.

Dlyteful

Awwww Mary you are a big sweetheart and those pitties knew it and wanted some lovin. Lol. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever go anywhere with Layla off leash...can't take that chance, you know.

MaryK

Honored Member
Awwww Mary you are a big sweetheart and those pitties knew it and wanted some lovin. Lol. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever go anywhere with Layla off leash...can't take that chance, you know.
*blush* thank you:D They were two really lovin' pitties:love: all Pitties are sweeties, just some don't have loving owners.

No I don't think I would take the chance with Layla, it's got even worse with Pitties (if possible) , since that happened to me and it was bad enough then. I know Layla would be trustworthy but it's the humans who arent!