Heelwork To Music

Anneke

Honored Member
I was just looking around for some inspriration and stumbled upon Mary Ray performing at Crufts(big dogshow in England)
How I love Mary Ray... I had missed her performance at Crufts last years and saw it just now.
Heelwork to music Bollywood style:D I love, LOVE, LOVE it.

One that had me laughing!!!
Richard Curtis and Pogo

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I love freestyle doggie dancing! there are whole groups and competitions for this, with specific rules for some of the dances. Other competitions have no rules, "freestyle" doggie dancing.

We once had a member here, (who?) that posted a FABULOUS post on best way to approach creating a doggie freestyle dance routine, how to choose music, how to incorportate moves to FIT to the music, how to balance tricks to conserve dogs energy/balance the act with heelwork, how to match dog moves with the beat of the music, etc etc, JUST TONS OF TIPS....SHE WAS GREAT AT IT...but i can't recall her name now....ANYONE KNOW WHICH MEMBER I MEAN?

wish i could FIND that post!!! But, it was a couple years ago, i think, no idea what the thread was called by now...great post though.
After i read the post, i even picked out a song i'd use, if i were a freestyle competitor, to use. Made a list of 3 songs, actually! ha ha!!

Here's MY favorite doggie dancing video, still my favorite one, maybe it's the shy girl being helped to find her own courage by her border collie next to her, not sure, maybe it's cuz it IS a border collie in it, not sure why, but, this video always gets me:

Anneke

Honored Member
Yes I love that one too!!!
But my alltime favorite is still Rookie. God the energy of that dog!!! Don't know if he is still alive, but man, this is the vid that got me interested in dog dance...

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
That was awesome, i've always like that one, too, but it just about made me dizzy to watch!! rofl.
cute remark at start of that video, too!:ROFLMAO: ha ha!

so sad about Rookie getting cancer, GRs are sooooo prone to cancer, so prone to it. Here's hoping they find a way to further diversify and test GRs lines prior to breeding, to help try to reduce this in GRs...but at least Rookie was pretty old when he got it, so it probably isn't related to his being a GR...
inspirational that she, too, fights medical problems, yet, still likes to dance.