Happy Birthday Chase

southerngirl

Honored Member
Happy birthday to Chase, he turns sixteen today. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful dog. We got him when he was a pup and I was 2years old. It's been great growing up with him around. He's a great dog. In his younger days he would run around the yard with a stick and me and my brothers would try and catch him, never could. Now he enjoys sunbathing and short walks. His favorite thing is to be around the family if he's left inside while we're outside he cries. He's given us a few scares these past few years but is still around. Last year he had a mild seizure and after words was shaking he didn't move for the whole day. When me and my siblings got home from school she told us it's his time. I guess he decided it wasn't and he was up and about the next day. I'm so glad that he's still around and cherish the time I have left with him. Happy Birthday Old Man, I love you.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Awwww!!!! He's adorable!!!!! Looks very good for a senior!!!!:p:D
He is in very good health for a 16 year old. His only problem is one of his back legs is basically not usable, but that's from being hit by a car when he was younger and his hearing and eyesight are slowly leaving. He doesn't have arthritis like a lot of elderly dogs. Though like most older dogs he has slowed down. From what I can tell right now he still has a few years left cause he's really healthy, Maybe a year or two, longer would be great.